A stunning New Forest location for this four bedroom country home, which is set in approximately 2.21 acres of landscaped gardens and holding paddock with direct forest access.
Situated in the New Forest Hamlet of Blissford, this desirable home of late nineteenth century origins has been significantly extended to provide comfortable living accommodation. Further comprising private gardens, swimming pool, stable yard and numerous outbuildings, including a large two storey barn.
This desirable home is located in the beautiful hamlet of Blissford, just 1.3 miles from the quaint town of Fordingbridge, within the parish of Hyde, comprising a village hall, primary school, church and excellent local pub The Forrester’s Arms. The market town of Ringwood is a short drive away, offering a superb range of shops, boutiques cafes and restaurants as well as good access via the A31 to both Bournemouth and Southampton.
The village of Frogham forms part of the New Forest National Park, which offers 140,000 acres of open heath and woodland; perfect for outdoor pursuits including walking, riding. The larger city of Salisbury is approximately 8 miles away, offering a mainline railway station running to London Waterloo in just under 90 minutes. There are excellent schools, both state and private, in the area. The nearest airports are Hurn (Bournemouth) and Eastleigh (Southampton).
- Superb reception hall with oak floors and a hand-crafted oak staircase
- Elegant living room with a central fireplace housing a wood-burning stove
- Magnificent library/study featuring an impressive vaulted ceiling
- Open-plan kitchen/dining/sitting room with lovely views across the private gardens
- Fitted kitchen with Corian work-tops, comprising an Induction hob, two electric ovens, dishwasher, wine fridge and American style Fridge/Freezer
- Cloakroom and separate utility room with space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer
- Impressive snooker/games room including a full sized snooker table
- Four first floor bedrooms, three with built in wardrobes
- A generous master suite comprising a walk-in dressing room adjoining a spacious en-suite bathroom, with panelled bath, large shower cubicle, twin wash basins, close-coupled WC and bidet
- The family bathroom comprises a modern bath with shower over and shower screen, twin wash basins and a close coupled WC
The property is approached through an electric five bar gate to a gravel parking area and double garage - with adjoining workshop and covered area. A five-bar gate gives access to the stable yard which comprises: A barn with stairs to a second floor; three loose boxes and a large tack room, with power supply, water and covered area; and a useful tractor shed for the storage of garden machinery.
The landscaped rear gardens are beautifully arranged and planted with an abundance of specimen plants, trees and shrubs which include Liquid Amber, Azalia Wisteria, Silver Birch and a large pond featuring a waterfall. Immediately adjacent to the house is a raised terrace with access to a detached, centrally-heated garden room/studio with roof lantern. A separate Knot garden and entertaining area includes an outdoor heated pool and summerhouse/changing rooms. Furthermore, there is a productive vegetable garden and greenhouses.
There is an additional 1 ace of flat grazing land which makes an ideal turnout paddock.