Charming five bedroom detached character property believed to date from the 1600's and previously owned by the Duchy of Cornwall. Sitting comfortably within a private and picturesque plot the property offers a combination of character and modern features.
Pablack Cowbridge are pleased to present to the market this charming four bedroom detached character property believed to date from the 1600's and previously owned by the Duchy of Cornwall. Sitting comfortably within a private and picturesque plot the property offers a combination of character and modern features.
Barnstable house is located off Boverton Park Drive and is approached via a shared driveway which leads to a private gated entrance to a generous private driveway with a mature southerly aspect garden.
There are a variety of local amenities close by including shops and a village pub. Conveniently located near the heritage coastline yet within easy reach of major commuting links, the neighbouring village of Llantwit Major also providing railway links via the Cardiff and Bridgend lines.
Internally the property offers spacious and versatile accommodation throughout. To the ground floor is a generous lounge centred around a feature fireplace with a log burning stove, dining room, conservatory overlooking the mature gardens, kitchen with separate utility area and ground floor study. From the spacious hall there is also a ground floor cloakroom and stairs leading to the first floor landing, where there are four bedrooms, study/cot room and family bathroom. The master suite also benefitting from its own private en suite facilities.
To the front of the property double gates lead onto a private resin driveway which passes the mature front garden, mainly laid to lawn with two water features and a variety of mature plants and shrubs. The original entrance is believed to be to the side of the property into the entrance hall, the current vendors enter via the conservatory. To the side is an enclosed courtyard which also offers a private area for patio table and chairs, there is also a stone outbuilding which offers an extremely useful storage area.
Modern suite comprising low-level WC and period-style wash hand basin. Opaque glazed window to rear.
Dining Room 18' 9" x 14' 1" ( 5.71m x 4.29m )
With an abundance of character from exposed beams and the open stone archway that leads into the reception room, currently arranged as the dining room at the heart of the home. The versatile area also gives access to the lounge, kitchen and conservatory, making for an excellent space for family gathering and entertaining.
Lounge 18' 9" x 12' 8" ( 5.71m x 3.86m )
A good size dual aspect family lounge with beamed ceiling and views over the garden. Stone lined Inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove set on flagstone hearth and stone chimney breast stretching to ceiling height.
From the central dining room there is access to the sun room / conservatory which offers an ideal area for sitting with views over the well maintained gardens and is also perfect for family gathering and entertaining.
A farmhouse style kitchen fitted with a range of matching wall and base units finished in oak-style with marble-effect work surfaces with inset sink unit. Integrated appliances include a built-in double oven, electric hob with extractor built into canopy over, Neff dishwasher and fridge.
There is ample space for a breakfast table and chairs and the character kitchen is complimented with exposed beamed ceilings. Tiled flooring. Windows on two sides with views over the garden. Deep stone archway leading through to the utility
Utility Area 13' 9" x 8' 7" ( 4.19m x 2.62m )
Fitted with a range of wall and base units with granite-style work surfaces and inset single drainer sink unit. There is also space and plumbing for utility appliances and fridge freezer. Mains gas fired boiler which heats the central heating system and domestic hot water supply. Walls partly tiled.
Study 9' x 6' 8" ( 2.74m x 2.03m )
From the utility area a door leads into the ground floor study.
From the hall, a traditional spindle staircase gives access to the first floor where there are four bedrooms, a versatile study/cot room and family bathroom. The master suite also benefits from its own private en suite facilities.
Bedroom One 19' x 12' 5" ( 5.79m x 3.78m )
A generous master en suite comprising of corner bath, step in shower enclosure, low level WC, Bidet and wash basin.
Bedroom Two 14' 5" x 14' 2" ( 4.39m x 4.32m )
Bedroom Three 12' 10" x 10' 2" ( 3.91m x 3.10m )
Bedroom Four 12' 10" x 8' 4" ( 3.91m x 2.54m )
Cot Room / Study 9' x 5' 1" ( 2.74m x 1.55m )
A spacious family bathroom suite comprising of corner bath, step in shower enclosure, low level w.c, bidet and twin sink units.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither Peter Alan nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.