A stunning rural setting for this 1970s six bedroom, three reception room chalet style home which is perfectly situated within three acres of flat paddocks and gardens.
Situated close to the open forest, this desirable home offers the best of both worlds and benefits from having rural living yet only within minutes of the charming market town of Ringwood which offers excellent shopping facilities and a Waitrose supermarket. There is plenty of space and suitable outbuildings to keep animals, with 140,000 acres of Forest nearby with an abundance of walks, tracks and bridleways.
The property is situated in a semi-rural location within the New Forest National Park, offering thousands of acres of natural heath and woodland, ideal for walking, cycling and horse riding. Within walking distance is a great local country pub/restaurant and a local farm shop and the property is within the Ringwood School catchment area. Ringwood is approximately two miles distant, offering a comprehensive range of shops and facilities.
This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other. It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters; the old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster. Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). For commuters the A338 provides a link to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approximately 10 miles), and the city of Salisbury (approximately 18 miles)
- Over 2600 sqft of accommodation over two floors with garaging and outbuildings
- A large reception hall and inner hall with stairs leading to all first floor accommodation
- Modern and stylish kitchen/breakfast room with high quality reconstituted quartz work tops
- Superb range of high gloss base, wall and drawer units with quality built in appliances including combination oven, steam oven, induction hob, plate warmer and dishwasher
- A generous separate utility room with an additional sink and built in washing machine
- Both the kitchen and utility are beautifully finished with quality tiled floors
- The living room benefits from a double aspect and an appealing brick built open fireplace and french doors leading out onto the rear terrace and gardens
- The family/day room adjoins the attractively tiled conservatory which offers additional and relaxing living space affording pleasant views over the paddocks and gardens
- Dual aspect dining room with an adjoining bedroom with en suite which could easily be converted into a separate annexe
- A generous master bedroom which benefits from built in bedroom furniture, wardrobes and a modern four piece suite
- Four first floor bedrooms (two with built in wardrobes) and a modern family shower room with three piece suite
The property is approached along a gravelled driveway with turning circle which leads to two garages, one double and other a single with inspection pit. There are four paddocks with post and rail and a useful stable yard on a hardstanding with three loose boxes and a feed store. There are private south facing rear gardens with a terrace area. The property is screened completely by trees and woodland on the boundaries offering privacy and peace.
Energy Performance Rating: D Current: 65 Potential: 77
Mains Gas, Private drainage