A charming period property situated within the heart of the sought after village of Cottingham dating back to the late 17th Century providing character features throughout such as exposed stone, beams and window seats.
The property is entered into a traditional entrance hallway with quarry tiles and wooden panelling. A separate dining room is located to the right and sitting room to the left. Both reception rooms immediately show the character the property has to offer with exposed stone, beams and stunning fireplaces. The sitting room has a beautifully architected Haddon stone fireplace with a log burner and provides a dual aspect. Along the entrance hall lies an open study room which leads through to the kitchen and has a range of wall and base units, granite worktops, Belfast sink, integrated appliances, space for a range cooker and a large pantry. A door at the rear of the kitchen allows access to a family bathroom and stairs leading up to a fifth bedroom. This allows a great space to be utilised as an independent living space, annex or children's play room.
To the first floor is the master bedroom providing built-in wardrobes and a large en-suite which includes a Jacuzzi bath, walk-in shower and his and hers sinks. A further two bedrooms are located to the front of the property and both have open fireplaces.
An original oak staircase leads up to the second floor with a further large bedroom with high ceilings and exposed beams. A door also leads into the large attic room which is great for storage.
The rear garden can be accessed via a door off the entrance hall and opens out onto a timber veranda with a swing seat. A small lawn area then leads to another decked area and currently has a large cabin with electricity. Double white barn doors open into a large workshop/store. Timber steps lead down to an orchard style garden with vegetable beds and is positioned at the rear of the garden.
Rooms & Measurements
Dining Room - 310m x 3.91m (10'2" x 12'10")
Sitting Room - 4.90m x 7.21m (16'1" x 23'8") max
Open Study - 4.22m x 1.70m (13'10" x 5'7") max
Kitchen - 4.19m max x 4.60m (13'9" max x 15'1")
Pantry - 2.06m x 1.68m (6'9" x 5'6") max
Master Bedroom - 4.32m x 3.73m (14'2" x 12'3") max
Bedroom 3 - 4.27m x 5.26m max (14'0" x 17'3" max)
Bedroom 4 - 3.53m x 3.53m (11'7" x 11'7")
Bedroom 5 - 4.01m x 2.82m max (13'2" x 9'3" max)
Family Room - 3.99m x 5.18m (13'1" x 17'0")
Bedroom 2 - 4.80m x 4.75m (15'9" x 15'7") max
Attic Room - 3.58m x 4.75m (11'9" x 15'7") max
Cottingham is a popular Welland Valley village on the border of Leicestershire and Northamptonshire, providing a strong local community with excellent amenities including two public houses, a village store and coffee house, a village hall, and primary school. The village is situated in-between the lovely market towns of Uppingham to the North and Market Harborough to the West, both providing a range of boutique shops, cafes, restaurants and bars. Mainline trains into London and the North can also be reached from Market Harborough, Corby, Leicester and Kettering.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sharman quinney nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.