A rare opportunity to acquire a substantial property in use as a café /restaurant and for a holiday letting in the sought after town centre of Ludlow
For sale - offers in the region of £750,000 (exclusive)
1. The opportunity provides a substantial freehold property, located in the centre of the sought after town of Ludlow and comprises a sizeable Grade II Listed building arranged currently as a coffee shop/restaurant and a two bedroomed apartment.
2. Part of the property benefits from a valuable A4 Planning Consent to the commercial section of the property and a long established business trading as “ The Bakers of Tower Street”.
3. The rest of the property comprises an attractive self- contained two bedroomed apartment from which the vendors have established a holiday letting business.
4. Further significant asset management opportunities in the future within the property including the potential use of the residential accommodation for owner occupation and expansion of the property subject to statutory consents.
5. An opportunity to acquire a prestigious property in the town centre.
The premises comprise an attractive part three part two and part single storey inner terraced property with a basement. The property is Grade II Listed and is currently arranged to provide a licenced restaurant/coffee shop within the ground floor, part of the first floor and the basement. The commercial part of the property benefits from an attractive outside seating area.
There is also a two bedroomed apartment benefiting from a separate ground floor entrance and then over the first and second floors this provides generously sized two bedroomed accommodation. This part of the property is in use as the holiday letting business.
The coffee shop provides a ground floor sales area of approximately 598 ft sq (59.31 m sq) with ancillary accommodation including a kitchen and toilets.
There is a first floor seating area to the coffee shop and an outside seating area. The coffee shop/restaurant is fully fitted out.
The property is of part traditional timber framework with infill panels and part solid brick construction under a slate roof cover with some flat roof sections.
The premises date from the 15th Century and the shop and the apartment benefit from a wealth of feature timberwork.
The property is prominently located fronting onto Tower Street, in the sought after town of Ludlow. Tower Street is one of the main retail streets in the town centre.
Ludlow is an established market and tourist town, located in south Shropshire with a population of circa 11,000 people. The town has nearly 500 listed buildings and was described by Sir John Betjeman as probably the loveliest town in England. Ludlow has a reputation for the quality of its food and drink, boasting excellent bars and restaurants encouraged by the area’s abundance of quality producers. Every September the town is filled with food lovers from all over the UK and beyond for the annual Ludlow Food and Drink Festival. It was voted in The Times recently as one of the loveliest towns to live in.