A charming five bedroom, three bathroom detached three storey stone barn conversion to include parking, garage, glorious English country gardens and far reaching rural views. EPC Rating G.
Totnes 6 miles Exeter 28 miles Plymouth 15 miles (approximately)
Situation and description
Curtisknowle, is peacefully located deep in countryside of outstanding natural beauty close to the River Avon and between the villages of Diptford and Moreleigh. Curtisknowle is also between the Georgian market town of Modbury and the medieval market town of Totnes, the commercial centre for this part of Devon and where there is a mainline railway station to London, Paddington and easy access to the A38 Devon Expressway linking Plymouth with Exeter, where it joins the M5. Schooling in the area is superb with a respected primary school at Diptford and numerous well regarded primary and secondary schools at Totnes. Leisure facilities in the region are excellent with wonderful walks over the unspoilt countryside, both closeby, along the spectacular coast and over nearby Dartmoor. Golf is well catered for as is sailing at Dartmouth with its deepwater moorings and marinas.
Barn conversion on 3 floors. South facing. Extremely versatile accommodation of 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Lpg central heating. Hardwood double glazing. Wooden floors throughout.
Covered gable entrance porch. Partially glazed front door.
Terracotta tiled flooring. Under stair storage. Smoke alarm.
Casement windows. Built-in wardrobes.
Bath with electric shower over. Pedestal wash hand basin. Shaver socket and light. Extractor fan. Tiled surrounds. W.C..
Casement window. Floor mounted cupboard. 1.5 bowl composite sink and drainer.
Casement window. Wall mounted lights. Smoke alarm. Wood laminate flooring.
Casement window. Wooden floorboards. Stairs to second floor.
Casement windows. Wooden floorboards. Fireplace with Jetmaster style fire.
Casement window. Smoke alarm. Archway to the kitchen.
Casement windows. Peninsular style island. Four ring lpg gas hob. Floor and wall mounted cupboards. Under cabinet lighting. Space for the four ring cooker. Granite effect work surfaces. Tiled surrounds. 1.5 bowl stainless steel sink and drainer. Natural wooden floorboards. Walk-in pantry. Wall mounted shelving. L
Casement window. Pedestal wash hand basin. Natural wooden floorboards. W.C..
Natural wooden floorboards. Airing cupboard.
Doors opening to dressing room and master bedroom.
Velux window. Shelving.
Two Velux windows. Smoke alarm. Opaque casement window. Built-in wardrobes. Door to en-suite.
En-suite shower room
1.5 width shower. Pedestal hand basin. Tiled surrounds. Shaver socket. Velux window. W.C..
Two Velux windows. Casement window. Built-in wardrobes.
Velux window. Fitted roll edge work surface.
Bath with electric shower over. Velux window. Pedestal wash hand basin. Shaver socket. Bidet. W.C..
Fully mature and established. Landscaped. Approximately 1/2 acre. Shrubs. Trees. Orchard. Perennial flowers.
Mains electricity and metered water supply. Private drainage. Lpg gas fired central heating and hot water.
The property is currently in band D and the amount payable for 2012/13 is £1509.68
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5NE. Tel:
Fixtures and fittings
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Strictly by appointment with the Sole Agents, Marchand Petit Totnes Office. Telephone
From the Totnes office of Marched Petit proceed along Station Road to the first set of traffic lights and turn left sign posted for Dartmouth and Kingsbridge. Proceed to the village of Harbertonford, pass the fuel station on the left and the church on the right, pass over the river bridge and turn immediately right into Moreleigh Road next to the fabric shop Brocade. Travel out of the village for approximately 1.5 miles and turn right at Spanish Lane End Cross. Proceed to the end of the road turn right sign posted for Diptford. After approximately 600 metres turn left sign posted to Curtisknowle. Proceed down the lane for approximately 3/4 mile and after passing the gates for Curtisknowle House turn right, pass under a causeway and Middle Barn will be found on the second left.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.