6 bedroom student property - available July 2019!
This modern and spacious six bedroom student house is now available for the 2019 – 2020 academic year. Occupying a peaceful spot on a no-through road, the house is a mere five minute walk from a U2 bus stop (which runs a frequent service to the University of Bath), and a number 4 bus stop (which runs into Bath city centre).
Built in 2007 by Persimmon Homes, the property offers well-appointed accommodation across two floors. The contemporary kitchen/diner is light and bright, and provides ample storage, with fitted units and overhead cupboards. The large living room consists of multiple sofas, and is the ideal space in which to relax with friends after a long day of studying.
The property has six bedrooms in total, five of which are good-sized doubles. Two of the bedrooms benefit from en-suites, and there is a large shower room for the rest of the house. Each of the bedrooms is furnished with a bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk and shelves.
As an added bonus, the property comes with an attractive, yet practical, rear garden, which has been laid to gravel, and is bordered by a secure wooden fence. To the front of the property is a single garage – which is ideal for storage – and a driveway for up to two vehicles. There is additional, free on-street parking for further vehicles in the area.
Orchid Drive is situated on the fringes of the popular Bear Flat and Combe Down areas of Bath. The property is a ten-minute walk from the local amenities on Upper Bloomfield Road, and for the weekly shop, a large Sainsburys can be reached via a short journey on the number 42 bus.
Student properties with this much to offer do not become available often, so do not hesitate in booking your viewing asap!
1. View the property or arrange for a representative you trust to view it for you.
2. Make an offer. On acceptance of your offer pay the Holding Fee of 1 weeks rent and complete and return our Tenant Terms of Business. This then secures the property (only once the holding fee has been paid). These funds will be deducted from your move in monies (rent) once your application is approved.
3. You will be passed to our friendly, Zest New Lets team, who will commence your referencing, application and contracts process. Please note, you risk forfeiting your holding deposit if you do not supply the required referencing information within 15 days from the initial request.
4. The Company Agency Fee (if applicable) is £468 and the deposit is usually equal to five week’s rent. Deposits are protected with the Deposit Protection Service (dps) and must be paid by the applicant and not a third party.
5. Ensure you provide photographic id such as your passport, id card or similar. If you are from overseas, we will require evidence of your right to rent in the UK.
6. Have references for employment, previous tenancies and, if self-employed, your latest set of company accounts to hand.
7. Have a guarantor (in the absence of references) who is a UK home owner and able to cover your obligations. Alternatively, you can pay all of the rent in advance.
8. Pay your first month's rent before the start date of your tenancy. Rent is paid monthly at the advertised pcm figure. Bank transfers are accepted, but payment is not cleared until the funds are received into our client account.
Holding deposit 1 weeks rent
To have a property taken off the market and commence an application. Typically these funds will be deducted from your move in monies (rent) once your application is approved
Please note, you risk forfeiting your holding deposit if you do not supply the required referencing information within 15 days from the initial request
Paid in advance, per calendar month
deposit 5 week’s rent
Paid in advance
Company agency fee £468
Includes referencing, credit search as appropriate
Tenancy amendments £50 per request
Adding or changing details of a tenant to a tenancy
late payment of rent BoE* base rate + 3% per day
*Bank of England
loss of keys Cost of key + £15 per hour
To replace a key or security device giving access to a property
All fees inclusive of VAT. Fees and terms are subject to change