Gross internal Area: 3,494 sq ft (325 sq m) - Rent: £1,167 per calendar month.
A secure, lockable and self-contained light industrial unit located in a rural location midway between Marlborough and Hungerford with good access to major transport arteries.
The single storey portal frame building comprises of the following:
- 3,494 sq ft (325 sq m) light industrial unit with electrically operated steel roller shutter door;
- Steel pedestrian entrance.
- Sealed concrete floor; and
- Strip lighting and security lighting.<br /><br />The Old Dairy Building is situated in pleasant rural surroundings on Lower Farm, Chisbury, which is a traditional arable holding and comprises of a number of commercial units, storage facilities and agricultural buildings. Lower Farm is located midway between Marlborough (7 miles) and Hungerford (6 miles), approximately 1 mile south of the main A4 Bath- London road. The Old Dairy Building boasts easy access to major arterial transport networks, including Paddington mainline rail services (Great Bedwyn station is 2 miles away) and the M4 corridor; Junctions 14 M4 is 8 miles away and Junction 15 M4 is 14 miles away. Major aviation hubs are also in close proximity; London Heathrow Airport is approximately 60 miles away and Bristol International airport is 64 miles away.
The unit will be available to let for a minimum twelve month term. The tenant will be responsible for the rent and all outgoings, including rates, telephone, electricity, water and service charges. It should be noted that the unit will be let on full repairing and insuring terms and will be contracted out of sections 24-28 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
The initial rent will be £1,167 per calendar month. Under the Finance Acts 1989 and 1997, VAT may be levied on the rent.
The premises are not currently listed for Business Rates on the VAluation Office Agency web site. However, an indicative local valuation would suggest:
- Rateable Value: £9,750.00 per annum.
- Uniform Business Rate 2017/2018: £0.466 and;
- Indicative Rates Payable for 2017/2018: £4,543.50.
Interested parties should make their own enquires to Wiltshire Council to ascertain the exact rates payable as a change in occupation may trigger an adjustment of the ratings assessment:
The ingoing tenant will be expected to bear fifty percent of the landlords reasonable legal costs incurred in the preparation and stamping of the agreement to include abortive fee.
Financial and accountancy references may be sought from any prospective tenant prior to agreement. Prospective tenants may be required to provide a rental deposit subject to the landlords discretion.