Property number 46536. Click the"Email Agent" button, submit the form and we'll text & email you within minutes, day or night.
532 sqm / 4,000 sqft ( approximately ), newly redeveloped c-Store occupying a prime location within the popular Devitt Way housing estate. The shopping centre was originally built in the early 1990’s and is nearing the completion of a substantial rebuild and retail extension.
Formerly the frontage of the shop was occupied by a 71.4 sqm Chip Shop and a 106 sqm Licensed Convenience Store, both of which operated since the building was first constructed in the early 1990’s. The leases came to an end in January 2020, and the landlord ( Shelton Limited ) required the return of the premises due to redevelopment of the site.
The Chip Shop and the Convenience Store were knocked into one, the rear of the shop of opened up and the shop extended at ground floor level on vacant land at the rear to form a brand new 532 sqm C Store format.
The Front carpark is currently undergoing rebuild to guarantee deliveries by 40 tonne artic lorries according to a delivery management plan approved by the lpa.
Supplied to typical Blue Chip Supermarket Chain specifications, with 120 kva power, Telecom & Broadband Connections, Water, Mains Sewage, and Structurally reinforced concrete floors to precise levels and ready for tiling. A concrete base installed in the front carpark area for lit up signage and ducts in place into the shop. All aspects of the build are fully warranted by the main contractors, sub contractors, engineers, and designers and will be executed as Deed upon handover.
Construction on site will be completed by the end of April 2021.
Due to the required 120KVA power supply, Shelton Limited have had to install a hv/LV Power Sub Station on site.
The site is a mixture of A1, A5 and Residential units built in brick with stone mullioned windows, and features that give the site a warm, welcoming and traditional look.
Rent & Costs
Rent : £60,000 per year plus VAT + Incoming Tenant’s Premium
Incoming Premium to cover a fair proportion of infrastructure costs such as 40 tonne North Carpark loading, Pole Sign base, New Power Sub Station etc.
£50,000 – Power Substation
£30,000 – North Carpark
Total Incoming Premium : £80,000 Plus VAT
Legal Costs : Each party to pay their own legal costs
Surveyors Costs : Payable by incoming tenant
Additional testing . I.e. Pre-Handover CCTV Drains survey, water testing, noise attenuation testing etc payable by incoming tenant
Lease period : Minimum 15 years, maximum 25 years on a full Insuring and repairing Lease
Quarterly management fees applicable to site to cover maintenance of common areas, carparks, communal lighting, cleaning etc. Amount yet to be decided. The site will be managed by Shelton Limited ( The landlord ).
Rates : Not yet evaluated.
The shopping centre includes :
No.1 A5 Hot Food Takeaway 40 sqm / 430 sqft New Build - Vacant
No.1A A5 Hot Food Takeaway 40 sqm / 430 sqft New Build - Vacant
No.3 A1 Use Shop 40 sqm / 430 sqft New Build - Vacant
No.3A A1 Use Shop 40 sqm / 430 sqft New Build - Vacant
No.5 c-Store 372 sqm / 4,000 sqft Mostly New Build - Vacant
No.5A 2 Bedroom Flat above No.1. Currently undergoing a full refurbishment
No.5B 3 Bedroom Flat above No.1. Currently undergoing a full refurbishment
No.7 A1 Barbers and Hair Salon 67.7 sqm / 728 sqft Existing Lease
No.9 A1 Beauty Salon 68.9 sqm / 742 sqft Existing lease
No.11 2 Bedroom Flat Existing Shorthold tenancy
No.13 2 Bedroom Flat Existing Shorthold tenancy
No.15 Studio Flat Existing Shorthold tenancy
No.17 2 Bedroom Cottage Existing Shorthold tenancy
No.19 2 Bedroom Cottage Existing Shorthold tenancy
No.21 2 Bedroom Cottage Existing Shorthold tenancy
Key Details :
• Planning approval under Harborough application 18/00504/ful – Dated 27th July 2018
• Description of works - Proposed rear extension, internal alterations, and new shop front to existing store, with associated alterations to car parking to front and rear car parks. Construction of 2 A1 units (shops) & 2 A5 units (hot food takeaways), Foodmania, 3 - 5 Devitt Way, Broughton Astley, Leicestershire.
• The Decision notice is subject to a range of conditions, most of which have been discharged.
• Electrical loading of 120KVA. 200 amps, 4 wire 15 hertz three phase supply to be terminated at a meter within the amenity area. 25mm potable metered water supply with the main stop tap within the amenity area.
• Trading Hours: 6.00am to 11.00pm seven days per week throughout the year.
• Deliveries: Daily store deliveries by 40 ton articulated lorries which are 16.5m long 2.7m wide and 4.5m high with a turning circle of 40m.
• Floor to ceiling heights: 3200 mm floor to ceiling height in the new build area.
• Amenity Area: The Amenity Area will be provided with adequate services to allow for the installation of Staff Rooms, an accessible toilet, Food Preparation Room, Managers Office, Services Cupboard and Food Storage Areas. The amenity area provided with a 1200 mm wide polyester powder coated steel security delivery door in ral 9006. This delivery door provides with clear unobstructed level access from the delivery set down area.
• The new roof structure is to be a combination of pitched and flat roofs to be clad in maintenance free materials. In addition to dead and live loads on the structure, allowance is made in the structural soffit / roof design for a service loading of 0.25Kn/m2 overall (with 0.15Kn/m2 directly on the purlins as applicable). New build single storey extension All new flat roof coverings are installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines and provide a 25 year weather tight product and installation guarantee (Insurance backed).
• Floors: The floor slab is designed to be impact resistant and withstand a live loading of 7.00kn/m2 and has a power float finish. Tolerance + or – 3mm over 3.00m in any direction.
• Shop Front: To be supplied and installed by incoming tenant following handover or by prior arrangement.
• Vehicle Parking: Un-restricted customer parking for 27 vehicles (including allocated disabled parking) in accordance with Local & National Planning Policy Documents
• Vehicle access/Delivery Areas: The new service and delivery areas to the North of the site are constructed to withstand a 40 tonne articulated lorry when tracking and standing whilst deliveries take place. Both North and South car park areas and access routes are provided with adequate surface water drainage to remove the pooling of surface water.
• Cycle Parking: Customer / staff cycle parking provision in accordance with Local & National Planning Policy Documents.
• atm: Shelton Limited will allow the provision of an aperture within the building envelope.
• Pole Sign: Shelton Limited will allow for ducting and installation of a ground frame in a concrete base to support a pole sign. Details of signage will require lpa consent.
• Plant: External plant areas will accommodate condenser and refrigeration plant.
• Bin Store: Storage area 15m2 Surrounded by pressure treated hit and miss timber fencing.
• Security: Provision of 13Nr anti-ram security bollards surrounding front of store.
• Access: Access to public areas of the building will comply with current Building Regulations Approved Document M and with Equality Act Legislation
• External Lighting: Service areas, access roads and customer car parking will be adequately lit by external lighting as approved by the lpa. Power supply to come from the shopping centre management cupboard.
• All Collateral Warranties supplied
A Full electronic pack containing all approved planning drawings, specifications etc can be obtained from the landlord by interested parties. A Particulars document can be downloaded here.
All enquiries direct to the Landlord
All agreements for lease are subject to Contract
The particulars in this document have been prepared to the best of the Landlord knowledge and any variations will be negotiated prior to signing of Lease.
If you're interested in this property please click the "Email Agent" button above