Leisure/hospitality to let in Darras Road, Ponteland NE20
Leisure/hospitality to let
Interested in this property?
Call +44 191 244 9616 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
- Rare restaurant/café opportunities in the centre of Ponteland Village
- Upper ﬂoor accommodation suitable for office or residential use
- Attractive well positioned prominent building with original period features
- Planning permission for an impressive new glass box extension overlooking River
- The property has planning permission for several uses including A3 restaurant/A5
- All enquiries are encouraged to come forward either for the whole or sections
- Rental offers are invited or our client may consider a freehold sale.
The existing building comprises a former bank of traditional construction with solid brick walls under a slate covered pitched and hipped roof lying within the Ponteland Conservation Area. If planning permission is implemented and the property is developed in accordance with the approved plans, the building would provide three distinctive areas.
Unit 1 comprising the ground ﬂoor of the original bank has planning permission for Class A3 (restaurant and café)/A5 (hot takeaway food) usage with ﬂoor area of approximately 132.76 sq m (1,429 sq ft).
Unit 2 comprises the new glass box extension overlooking the River Pont which also has Class A3 (restaurant and café) / A5 (hot takeaway food) usage and
will be clad in vertical timber to complement the colour of the original building and brickwork with dark grey aluminium framed double glazed and a dark grey nettle
parapet capping to the ﬂat roof.
The first ﬂoor, with independent access from Ponteland Road, has planning permission for a spacious 3 bedroom apartment over two ﬂoors with open plan kitchen/dining/ lounge area with separate snug/study/cinema room, visitor WC, 2 large bedrooms with en-suites and a large top ﬂoor bedroom with en-suite and dressing room. The upper ﬂoors can also be retained as office accommodation if desired. Alternatively, the whole building, including all three sections can be occupied by a single tenant.
Rental offers are invited or alternatively our client may consider a freehold sale.
On 1 May 2019 planning permission was granted for the conversion and change of use of the ground ﬂoor from Class A2 to Class A3/A5 with the addition of a new
extension to the rear of the property as well a residential apartment to the first ﬂoor/second ﬂoor levels with designated parking.
Application Number 18/03957/ful
The approved plans for this development are available on request to all interested parties. Proposed East Elevation (Darras Road
* Sizes listed are approximate. Please contact the agent to confirm actual size.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Johnson Tucker LLP, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Johnson Tucker LLP for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
View all Main Street commercial properties to let