This stunning south facing home is perched in a dramatic position on top of the cliffs of St. Finian’s bay and offers the most beautiful unobstructed sea views to St. Finian’s beach and the surrounding countryside. The beach is literally just a stone’s throw away from this beautiful property which is an ideal home for any swimming, surfing or kayaking enthusiast or simply anyone who enjoys being close to nature. One can enjoy the views from literally every single room of this fine home or simply walk down to the beach in a matter of seconds.
You can go for a virtual viewing of the property here (copy and paste into new browser window/tab):
Set into grounds of c. 1.4 acres the house offers a total floor area of c. 190 sqm. The old wing consists of a traditional cottage full of charm, which was later extended with a more modern wing to the west. On the ground floor the home comprises of a fine living room with a large bay window overlooking the beach, a wood burning stove and a dining area. There is also a separate lounge, a kitchen and a bedroom en-suite. Upstairs comprises of a large master bedroom suite in the old wing, en-suite with separate bath and shower. In the new wing there are two bedrooms upstairs together with a further sitting area, galley kitchen cum diner, and a bathroom which is an ideal setup for visitors. This area also benefits from a separate entrance to the home.
The garden of this home is partly landscaped with lawn areas, colourful planting, shrubs and trees. There is a patio area to the front of the house to enjoy al fresco dining whilst gazing at the dramatic vistas. Old stone walls meander through the property adding to the overall charm and there are also various outhouses, vegetable patches and a small waterfall. There is plenty of off-street parking.
Services: Mains Water, Private Septic Tank, Broadband, Solid Fuel Central Heating
The property is located in The Glen on the beautiful coast line of St Finian’s Bay right beside the beach. It offers outstanding unobstructed 180 degree views to the bay, the beach and the surrounding countryside. The house is situated between the picturesque sea side villages of Waterville and Portmagee which are both c. 15 minutes drive away and offer shopping facilities, cafes, restaurants and bars. The market town of Cahirciveen is c. 20 minutes away by car while the larger towns of Killorglin and Killarney can be reached in c. 1 hour and 1.5 hours, respectively. Locally in The Glen, the Driftwood restaurant is in walking distance and also offers a pub and a café.
The immediate vicinity is ideal for swimming, surfing, sailing, walking, fishing or playing golf. Various beaches are in close proximity, with St. Finian’s Bay beach literally right on your door step, as are various golf courses such as Waterville and Hogs Head Golf Courses, which are two of the best courses in Ireland.
The property is within easy reach of the airports in Kerry, Cork and Shannon which offer direct transport links within Ireland, Europe and the UK.
Finest International Real Estate Ireland Ltd. T/a Engel & Voelkers act as agents for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
2. The particulars are set out as a general outline for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not institute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
3. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and any other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representatives of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
4. Any loose furniture, non-integrated appliances, white goods and curtains are deemed not to be included in the sale of the property unless specifically agreed between the parties and outlined in an inventory.
5. No person in the employment of Finest International Real Estate Ireland Ltd. T/a Engel & Voelkers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty in relation to this property.
6. Availability upon agreement - subject to contract. This offer is subject to change of price, withdrawal or prior sale without notice.
7. Transfer fees, i.e. Stamp duty, solicitor fees etc, are not included in the sales price and have to be paid by the buyer. The commission will be paid by the seller.