Detached house for sale in Lios Rún, Hill Of Rath, Drogheda, Louth
Interested in this property?
Call +44 330 038 8662 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
- Wonderful peaceful countryside setting yet within 5 minutes’ drive of M1 Motorway (Drogheda North interchange) & less than 10 minutes to Drogheda.
- Set on mature landscaped grounds & approached by an attractive tree lined gravel avenue.
- Useful large garage / workshop & various sheds & stores.
- Variety of mature trees, specimen shrubs and flower beds.
A truly lovely 4 / 5 bed detached family home (approx 158 sqm / 1,700 sq ft) nestled on approx 1.1 acres of mature secluded grounds.
Lios Rún really does live up to its name......”Secret Gardens” with it being tucked away from the road at the end of a tree lined avenue – you wouldn’t even know it’s there! Lios Rún offers the charm of countryside living blended with the convenience of its accessibility to Dublin city via the M1 Motorway (Drogheda North interchange) which is less than 5 minutes away.
This attractive red brick bungalow residence, partially clad with Virginia creeper, has a useful detached garage / workshop to one side. Wooden arched double doors lead through to an entrance hall. The outer hall has attractive exposed red brick walls and a quarry tile floor. An alcove to one side can accommodate hall furniture. Immediately on the left hand side (formerly a sitting room), there is a dual aspect double bedroom complete with en suite shower room. Off the hall to the rear, there is a good size interconnecting dining and kitchen area. There is a range of wall and floor units with cooking and heating provided by an oil-fired Stanley range. Additional cooking facilities are by means of an electric Bosch double oven and a Belling 4-ring hob. Also included in the sale are a Miele fridge freezer and a Siemens dishwasher. Off the kitchen, which as a vaulted ceiling with velux windows, is a back hall / utility room and a toilet (wc & whb). On the other side of the kitchen / dining area, with windows facing south over the garden, there is a living room which has a wood burning stove as its focal point. Double doors, in turn, lead into a sun room which has a southerly and westerly aspect. This room has exposed red brick walls, tiled floor and a feature vaulted ceiling. A glass door leads out to a terrace and the abundant gardens. The other wing of the house comprises the bedroom accommodation made up of 4 double rooms, most with built-in wardrobes. One of these rooms could easily double as study / home office. There is also a family bathroom (bath, wc & whb) which has a separate shower to one side.
Outside - the landscaped grounds are home to a variety of mature specimen shrubs and trees including the fruit variety (apple and blackcurrant). The front garden is a hidden oasis whilst the rear gardens are more open yet still secluded and back on to agricultural fields. A detached block built garage / workshop is situated to one side and there are a number of useful sheds and stores situated along the property’s northern boundary.
Hill of Rath is a popular residential area north west of Drogheda and is within 5 minutes’ drive of the M1 Motorway / Drogheda North interchange. There is easy access to shopping facilities at the M1 Retail Park, Aldi at Mell in addition to Drogheda town centre itself. Lios Rún is situated on the “sunny side of the road” with its gardens having the benefit of a southerly and westerly aspect.
• Wonderful peaceful countryside setting yet within 5 minutes’ drive of M1 Motorway (Drogheda North interchange) & less than 10 minutes to Drogheda.
• Set on mature landscaped grounds & approached by an attractive tree lined gravel avenue.
• Useful large garage / workshop & various sheds & stores.
• Variety of mature trees, specimen shrubs and flower beds.
• Entrance Hall: 3.77 x 1.65 sqm; feature arched wooden doors; exposed red brick walls & quarry floor tile to outer hall.
• Front Room / en suite Bedroom: 5.22m x 3.2m; dual aspect en suite shower room: Electric shower, wc & whb
• Kitchen / Dining: 7.0m x 4.23m; extensive range of wall & floor units; oil fired Stanley cooker; various appliances; tiled floor & feature vaulted ceiling to kitchen with velux windows. Double doors to:
• Living Room: 4.11m x 3.94m; Wood burning stove in alcove setting with stone hearth & timber beam. Double doors to:
• Sun room: 4.09m x 3.76m; Exposed red brick walls & vaulted pine ceiling; door to terrace & rear garden.
• Off Kitchen: Back hall with Utility: 5.03m x 1.38m; storage cupboards; plumbed for washing machine & dryer.
• Toilet: 1.34m x 1.48m; wc & whb
• Bedroom 2 / Study: 2.78m x 3.05m
• Bedroom 3: 3.26m avg x 2.77m; built-in wardrobes (biw).
• Bedroom 4: 3.85m x 2.71m (biw)
• Bedroom 5: 3.8m x 3.03m (biw)
• Family bathroom: 3.04m x 1.64m; bath, wc, whb & separate shower
• Hot Press & Closet.
• Garage / workshop: 4.92m x 6.0m with separate store: 4.92m x 2.07m; electricity connected.
• Garden / hobby room: 3.52m x 3.51m
• Garden shed: 2.31m x 1.74m
• Log store
• Machinery shed: 2.95m x 3.95m
• Private well.
• Septic tank.
• Oil fired central heating.
From the interchange on the Collon Road immediately at the M1 Drogheda Retail Park, drive northwards along the L6322 towards the Hill of Rath. Drive straight along this road up the hills for approximately 3.0km until you come across “Lios Rún” on the left hand side (rea o’Brien Collins for sale sign at the property).
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by REA O'Brien Collins, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact REA O'Brien Collins for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.