Palazzo Sacchetti is a late Renaissance building among the most beautiful of Rome. Its construction was carried out in 1542 on a project of Sangallo, the architect of Palazzo Farnese and coadjutor of Raffaello in the construction of St. Peter's Basilica. Sangallo built it for himself, dedicating the last years of his life to make it the 'perfect building.' In 1608 it was bought by the Archbishop of Naples, who built the chapel frescoed by Agostino Ciampelli. Later, in the second half of the 17th century It was purchased by the Marquis Sacchetti of Florence. The noble floor has an area of 2025 sqm, with a magnificent terrace of 275 sqm plus four balconies, while the courtyard has a marvellous garden of 688 sqm plus the beautiful nymphaeum of 70 sqm. This part includes 12 wonderful noble halls, with their marble statues, ornate ceilings, and stained glass windows, all 12 painted according to some of the most significant cycles of mannerism. Among these are works by Francesco Salviati, like the enchanting frescoes in the astonishing Globes hall, and those of Pietro da Cortona and Jacopino del Conte. On this floor there is also another big hall, a small utility room, plus the kitchen and pantry area which includes 6 rooms plus a bathroom. Another wing of the main floor is developed as an independent flat, composed of 4 rooms, a bathroom and a kitchen area. The long and beautiful corridor serves the entire floor, running around the noble rooms, allowing access to them but without crossing them. From this corridor, thanks to comfortable invisible doors, one can access all the utility rooms as cloakrooms, studies, bathrooms, as well as the beautiful chapel frescoed by Ciampelli. In the same building, on the ground floor, the property has large storehouses and in the courtyard there are three convenient parking spaces. The property is completed by several separate units but all adjacent the noble floor_ - A building of three floors with independent entrance in Vicolo Orbitelli, comprising 5 apartments, garret and attic, two basements and a garage (for a total of 650 sqm) - An apartment adjacent to the noble floor with independent entrance in Via Giulia (130 sqm) - A two-story unit (ground floor and basement) with access on Vicolo del Cefalo but adjacent the nympheum (240 sqm) - A three-story office, with access from the courtyard, whose top floor is adjacent to the noble floor (100 sqm). Palazzo Sacchetti is a pearl in the heart of Rome, not surprisingly it has been used as a set for some scenes in the Oscar winning film The Great Beauty of which the eternal city is the real protagonist.