In the heart of Umbria, a few km from Spoleto, hermitage dating back to the 5th century ce with pool.
The property is surrounded by a centuries-old Holm oak woodland and offers wonderful panoramic views of the surrounding hills and Spoleto.
Spoleto is one of the most beautiful towns in Umbria, famous for the Festival dei due Mondi, international music, art and culture festival. The hermitage is within easy reach of the most important tourist towns in Umbria such as Assisi, Todi, Perugia and Orvieto. Perugia airport is approx. 50 minutes' drive away.
The hermitage is protected pursuant to Law n° 1089 as being a listed period residence, by virtue of Decree of the Ministry for Heritage and Cultural Activities. This historic dwelling has a surface of 1,324 sqm (or 14,251 sqft) and is laid out on three levels.
- Ground floor: Restaurant, bar, reception room, reading room, writing room, TV-room, library, old oratory, garage of 39 sqm, pool changing room, covered terraces of 68 sqm.
- The comfortable and welcoming bedrooms on the first floor were made in 1921 by joining together some of the ancient cells of the monks. Each of them is unique and has its own story. On the same floor you will find a terrace of 87 sqm.
- On the second floor, in addition to storage rooms, there are bedrooms made in the 1970's by transforming the spaces used between 1815 and 1860 to host a School of Fine Arts.
Each of the bedrooms — 9 suites, 1 double bedroom, 2 single bedrooms — has a small living room and is equipped with air conditioning, Wi-Fi, telephone and bathroom with shower or bath; moreover, there is a shared bathroom.
The property has been carefully restored and is therefore in excellent condition. All the rooms have antique furnishings, are finished with local Umbrian materials and are equipped with telephone and Wi-Fi.
Lovingly preserved and restored as a place of hospitality, it is unique for refined stays in silence, elegance and events to remember.
- Terracotta Flooring
- Ceiling With Wooden Beams
- Ceiling With Wooden Beams And Terracotta Tiles
- Panoramic Terraces