Located on a hilltop position, a stone’s throw from the famous Montalcino, historical wine estate with 20 ha of land.
Located in the heart of Tuscany, this estate is easily reached via a well-maintained unpaved road directly from the town of Montalcino (3km; 10’). The most beautiful centers of Tuscany are really close too: The papal Pienza (27km; 30’), the medieval Siena (39km; 45’), the other wine capital Montepulciano (43km; 50’) and of course the cradle of Renaissance Florence (112km; 2h). And if you like the seaside, Grosseto is just 60km away (1h).
The most useful airports to reach the property are Perugia Sant’Egidio (116km; 1h 40’), Firenze Peretola (119km; 1h 40’), Pisa Galilei (164km; 2h 20’), Bologna Marconi (201km; 2h 30’), Roma Ciampino (222km; 2h 35’) and Roma Fiumicino (229km; 2h 40’).
The property is split into three main complexes.
The complex N°1 is made up of three buildings.
- The building A lies onto two floors and has on the ground floor (73 mq) some storage rooms and a laundry, while on the first floor (73 mq) there are a living room, a kitchen, a closet, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
- The building B is divided into two floors too and it is the construction hosting the cellar in the underground level (203 sqm). On the ground floor there are the offices for the business, a sales area, a living room used as a tasting area, two bathrooms, two bedrooms and a kitchen.
- Lastly, the building C is instead used as storage room and garage (75 sqm).
The complex N°2 (330 sqm) is located in a nearby town and is entirely used as a cellar and storage room. For the produced and bottled wines.
The complex N°3 (217 sqm) is not directly owned but rented. Here we find another cellar and a storage room. The tenancy agreement is renewable on demand.
The original building dates back to the second half of the 19th century and has been bought by the current owners in 2003. The property is in excellent structural and aesthetic conditions, with stone and brick walls on the outside, plastered walls on the inside and wooden furniture.
The estate is enriched by over 20 hectares (50 acres) of land (all directly owned, and not rented), located in two different spot roughly 5km apart (10’). 6 hectares surrounds the complex N°1 and these are covered in olive grove (1 ha – 2 ac), vineyards (3.5 ha – 9 ac) and agricultural land (1.5 ha – 4 ac). The majority of the land is located around complex N°3 (the rented one) and the 14 hectares (35 acres) here are all covered in vineyards.
Owning two different lands in two different spots was a deliberate choice: In fact, a different exposure of the vineyards allows the wines to show specific characteristics based on the origin place of the grapes used.
The business is well established and fully operational. The owners obtained permission to expand the cellar in the complex N°1 (for a new area of 1,600 sqm – 17,216 sqft) which, however, is not strictly necessary yet. In theory, if the space granted could be used at its full potential, only 750 sqm (8,070 sqft) would be necessary in order to relocate all the vinification machines to the complex N°1, while the remaining space could be used as tasting rooms, show rooms, offices or storage rooms.
- Vineyard surface: 16.2 ha (41 ac)
- Varieties: Sangiovese, other varieties
- Year of planting: 1980 onward
- Density (stump/ha): 4,500 – 5,000
- Average yield (quintals/ha): 65
- Training system: Pruned-spur cordon-trained vines
- Harvesting: Manual
- Terrain composition: Clayish (Galestro), tuphaceous
- Yearly production (bottles): 95.000 (max), 80.000 (effective) bottles
- Stocked wine: 146.387 bottles (value: € 1.400.000)
- Workers: 2 permanent employees, 1 permanent workers, 2 fixed-term workers
Containers in the wine-cellar
- 45 Slavonian oak barriques
- 50 French oak barriques
- 30 steel vinificators
- Brunello Riserva DOCG: 100% Sangiovese
- Brunello Montalcino DOCG: 100% Sangiovese
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC: 100% Sangiovese
- Rosso Toscano igt: 70% Sangiovese