Redrow - Stretton Green, SY14
Prices around £399,995
Images may include optional upgrades at additional cost
Building within this spectacular setting, adjacent to the stunning golf courses of Carden Park, is a privilege not taken lightly. The vision for Stretton Green was to create a collection of bespoke luxury country homes which would be discovered behind mature hedgerows. Gravel driveways leading to Cheshire field gates reveal the character of each individual home which has been carefully designed to sit harmoniously with the local vernacular. Architects have considered the introduction of details in keeping with the rural context and have taken inspiration from impressive manor houses and charming country cottages sited locally.
Within Stretton Green, each home is individually named and set amidst its own private grounds, providing security and seclusion. Yet the quality of their design enables them all to knit together as a harmonious group.
Great care has been taken with the arrangement of the homes, all set around a new village green with a work of art at its centre, and sitting near to the listed barns contained within the same development.
With two championship golf courses on the doorstep, plus a host of other luxurious pastimes, residents at Stretton Green are positively encouraged to enjoy the facilities at Carden Park, with private access from Stretton Green straight onto the golf course!Transport
From the depths of the countryside to the city centre in around 20 minutes, the areas excellent transport links mean the A41, A49, A55, M6 and M56 can be reached within minutes bringing Liverpool, Manchester, North Wales and the Midlands within a commutable distance.Local Authority
Cheshire West and Chester, HQ, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester CH1 2NP.Amenities
The local area boasts a wealth of friendly country pubs and is rich in leisure facilities. Stretton Green residents will all benefit from a bespoke leisure package, which includes membership of the Golf Club as well as extensive use of the spa facilities at Carden Park.
Very close to the development, the charming villages of Tilston, with its attractive Grade II listed St. Mary's Church, and Farndon with its quaint high street, both offer local essentials and excellent pub fayre.
Located just 10 miles from Stretton Green, contained within its own ancient city walls, Chester, with its stunning cathedral, fascinating museum, open-air theatre and Roman heritage, is just waiting to be explored. The world-famous Chester Zoo or the superb racecourse, attract thousands of captivated visitors every year.
Chester boasts the oldest shop front in the country and the unique two tier galleries “The Rows”. Historic Watergate Street is full of chic independent stores, while the Grosvenor Shopping Centre hosts around 70 stores within a cosmopolitan covered mall. The nearby Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet Village draws crowds from across the UK. But residents of Stretton Green are just as likely to visit Chester for its wide range of chic bistros and sophisticated restaurants, offering an outstanding array of temptations from every corner of the globe. Chester is also home to some of the most prestigious schools in the county, including the King’s School, the Queen’s School and Abbeygate College.Unrivalled leisure
Carden Park’s two stunning courses are both challenging and beautiful, often playing host to pro-celebrity tournaments. The Nicklaus course, designed by the great Jack Nicklaus and his son Steve, stretches to 7,045 yards, its double option fairways offering a real dilemma for even the most talented players. The 6,824 yard, par 72 Cheshire course is equally challenging, hiking through the lush wooded fells behind the newly fitted out Clubhouse.
With this magnificent hotel and country club just next door, Stretton Green’s private entrance to Carden Park brings all its attractions even closer to home. No need to travel along the tantalising mile-long driveway, you can hop in a golf buggy and be on the first tee – or at the driving range, fitness club, spa or one of the hotel’s excellent restaurant or bars – in a matter of minutes.
DOORS AND JOINERY
- Bespoke timber front and rear doors, front with side lights
- Hardwood 2 panel 7ft high internal doors to main rooms on ground floor with antique brass ironmongery, doors finished to match staircase
- Built-in wardrobes by Hammonds to master suite and all bedrooms in a range of finishes, dresser or walk-in wardrobe with built in hanging rails, shelves and storage
- White Oak hardwood staircase with matching handrails and square newels
DECORATION AND FINISH
- Smooth plaster finish on internal walls painted in off white, with the complimentary option of customer selection from our palette of heritage colours to feature walls
- Flat skimmed ceilings throughout with plaster ceiling rose in hall and drawing room
- Cornice coving fitted in drawing room, media/study room, dining room, family room, hall stairs and landing
- Large format tiles to kitchen, utility and boot room and a choice of floor finishes to family and dining room
- Comprehensive range of painted and lacquered oak floor and wall mounted cabinets by Omega kitchens; cabinet inserts and accessories included
- Silestone or granite work surfaces and upstands in a choice of colours
- Undermounted stainless steel sink with mono block tap in kitchen and utility
- Rangemaster oven and induction hob, further appliances by Siemens including dual integrated fridge-freezer and additional under mounted fridge, dishwasher, microwave, coffee machine, spacious warming drawer and wine cooler
- Utility room with Belfast sink, mono block mixer tap and washing machine and tumble dryer
- Boot room where applicable – additional storage for coats, hats, wellies and dogs (not supplied!)
- Large format ceramic tiles fitted as standard throughout
- White Villeroy and Boch sanitaryware with contemporary Vado Chrome taps
- The master en-suite incorporates Villeroy and Boch Hommage range washbasins with Vado chrome taps, Squaro bath, Vado thermostatic shower with drench head and hand rinse and 8mm thick glazed shower screen and marble or travertine floor and wall tiles
- Family bathroom with Villeroy and Boch subway dual washbasin with Vado chrome taps, Squaro bath and Aqualisa shower with ceramic floor and wall tiling
- Remaining en-suites with Villeroy and Boch subway wash basins Vado chrome taps and optional vanity units and mirrors, Aqualisa showers and ceramic wall and floor tiling
- Chrome towel rails and shaver sockets in bathrooms and en-suites
- Cloakroom with Villeroy and Boch Hommage range pedestal washbasin and WC with marble or travertine floor tiles as standard
- Comprehensive electrical system including white rimmed low voltage downlights and low energy light fittings
- External lighting with dusk to dawn sensors
- Smoke and heat detectors fitted in accordance with current building regulations
- Comprehensive range of television and telephone points to match electrical accessories. Telephone points in the drawing room, hall, study, family area and all bedrooms
- Television points in the drawing room, study, gym, family room and all bedrooms
- Media points in the drawing room and family room to enable purchaser connection and subscription to satellite TV subject to availability of service provider
- Hard wired alarm system with PIR’s
- LPG (Liquid Petroleum Gas) central heating with energy efficient wall mounted boiler
- Underfloor heating also delivering hot water throughout
- Sealed unit timber frame double glazed windows fitted throughout with leaded lights or glazing bars as required and including period style ironmongery
- Bi-fold sliding folding doors fitted to specific rooms (refer to floor plans)
- Chesney Beaumont woodburner in a choice of colours with complementary hearth and surround
- Terraces and pathways finished with Marshalls saxon paving, driveway finished with a gravel surface and steel edging
- Lawns turfed front and rear with dense hedging to boundaries
- Cold water tap mounted externally
- The garaging to each Stretton Green home comprises electrically operated remote controlled garage doors as standard
- All garages incorporate light and power
- Triple garages are provided with external staircases leading to expandable space above