**coming soon- A superb new development by ashford homes** 6 beautifully designed two, three and four bedroom luxury homes** plot 5 is an impressive 1.68 acre plot**
Red House Farm is an exciting new development by award winning developers Ashford Homes located in a rural setting on the edge of the highly sought after village of Broughton Gifford.
**for all enquiries please conact Strakers on **
Plot 5 is a superb detached cedar clad barn style homes (1453 sqft) finished to a high specification to include under floor heating and an air source heat pump. The spacious layout comprises three double bedrooms, a master bedroom with en suite shower room and separate dressing room, complemented by a quality bathroom with a bath and shower- all 'Villeroy & Boch' sanitary ware. There is an impressive open plan kitchen/living/dining area and a useful utility room. The luxury fitted kitchen has a choice of quality finishes subject to specification with fully integrated appliances and either granite or quartz worktops. Outside there is private parking and a double carport, whilst to the side and rear is a garden with a generous area of additional agricultural land included beyond the garden. This plot extend to a total of 1.68 acres!
Each home comes with the added benefit of an labc 10 year guarantee.
Ashford Homes has been crafting beautiful homes in the South West for over 30 years. Quality, service and professionalism are at the core of everything they do.
Red House Farm is a collection of six beautifully designed homes ranging from two to four bedrooms. This exclusive development can be found on the edge of the quaint village of Broughton Gifford. The River Avon forms a natural border along the south and east sides of the village and offers beautiful short trails. There is a thriving village community with a popular public house, a primary school and pre-school, village hall and a large common complete with duck ponds and sports pitches.
The village is notable for its Grade I listed 13th century church, St Mary the Virgin and is also home to one of the most spectacular annual fireworks display in the area.
The village of Holt just two miles away offers a store, café, and two National Trust properties: The Courts Garden and Great Chalfield Manor and Garden. A broader range of amenities are available in the nearby market town of Melksham (approximately two miles away). The historic town centre is packed full of independent shops, restaurants, café, pubs and supermarkets including a Waitrose. There is an array of leisure and sport facilities including a new 24-hour gym, swimming pool, Rugby Football Club and the Wiltshire School of Gymnastics. Melksham has several doctors’ surgeries and primary and secondary schools. The picturesque town of Bradford on Avon (approximately four miles away) is an architectural delight with gems including the magnificent 14th century Tithe Barn and striking Town Bridge over the River Avon. There are lovely walking trails along the tranquil Kennet & Avon canal.
The county town of Trowbridge (approximately six miles away) offers a further range of amenities including a multiplex cinema. Days out can be spent at Lacock, a quintessentially English village located four miles from Red House Farm.
Lacock is well known for its picturesque streets and historic cottages, and is one of the shooting locations for film and TV dramas including Downton Abbey, Pride and Prejudice, and Harry Potter.
Access to the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is a short drive away and the unesco World Heritage City of Bath is approximately 12 miles to the west of Broughton Gifford. Bath offers a wonderful array of chain and independent retail outlets, many fine restaurants, cafés and wine bars. Bath presents a number of well-respected cultural activities which include a world famous music and literary festival, the Roman Baths and Pump Rooms along with many museums and art galleries.
Communications are excellent with the nearby station at Chippenham (approximately eight miles away) offering a regular mainline train service to London Paddington (journey time from 70 minutes) and Bristol Temple Meads (journey time from 30 minutes). Motorway access to the M4 is via junctions 17 Chippenham and 18 Bath, both approximately half an hour’s drive away
• Barns – traditional construction with elevations comprising cedar cladding and a red brick plinth.
• Barns – metal anthracite standing seam roof.
• Farmhouse – traditional construction with elevations of rubble walling stone and stone
• Farmhouse – slate grey roof.
• UPVC anthracite windows.
• labc 10 year guarantee.
• Central heating comprising Daikin air source heat pump supplying under floor heating
throughout with individual room thermostats, controllable as separate zones. Option for
individual room programming, central control, control via smartphone or tablet and remote
operation over internet.
• Towel radiators in bathrooms with control independent of main heating system allowing use in
• Comprehensive electrical installation including energy efficient LED recessed downlights to
kitchen, bathrooms, living room, hallway, landing and main bedroom.
• Internal doors – contemporary cottage style in veneered oak with chrome furniture.
• Staircase – oak newel and handrail with painted spindles and string.
• Decoration – emulsion to walls with white ceilings and white gloss finish woodwork.
• Wardrobe – in bedroom one – sliding glass fronted doors with shelf and hanging rail.
• TV aerial fitted as standard.
• Optional HD distribution to lounge and bedroom one from comms position.
• Farmhouse only – an audio entertainment infrastructure has been installed which allows for
music/TV sound to be played via unobtrusive high quality in-ceiling speakers in reception rooms
and main bedroom.
• Luxury fitted kitchen with a choice of quality finishes subject to specification.
• Fully integrated appliances.
• Granite or quartz worktops.
Villeroy & Boch sanitary ware comprising back to wall WC, wall hung basin
with vanity unit under and low profile shower tray with Merlyn shower enclosure.
Hansgrohe chrome fittings featuring thermostatic showerpipe with fixed
rain head and separate rinse head.
Villeroy & Boch sanitary ware comprising back to back to wall WC,
wall hung basin and bath with Merlyn bath screen over. Hansgrohe chrome
fittings with exposed thermostatic bath/shower mixer with riser rail.
• Bathrooms to be tiled to approximately 1.2m high throughout with
shower areas fully tiled to ceiling. Kitchen and bathroom floors to be tiled.
Tile choices available (subject to stage of construction) from a selected range.
• Development road and finished in gravel.
• Private drives finished in block paviours.
• Front gardens planted and/or turfed.
• Rear gardens levelled as far as practicable and prepared for customer to finish.
• Mains electric, water and drainage services will be connected.
• Air source heat pump to heating and hot water.
• Full fibre infrastructure to be installed.
• Marble to bathrooms tops.
• Flooring to areas other than kitchen and bathrooms.
• Satellite dish.
• Audio options.
• HD distribution options.
• Ceiling mounted wireless access points.
• Security system.
• Bathroom accessories.
• Water softener, dependent on plot.
• Additional wardrobes.
• Mirrors and Demista pads.
• Seed or turf to rear garden.
Please note that the specification was correct at the time of going to print but Ashford Homes continually review their specifications and reserve the right to make any changes. The measurements have been taken from the plan provided but there may be variations in the final build. The computer generated images are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to be scaled or used to indicate boundaries and should only be used for guidance. Prospective purchasers are advised that the development name may not be the final postal address. Photos shown are of local towns and villages that are close by to this development.