Plot Two - Birch House
Scott's Farm is built on the site of an old farmyard in the heart of Glinton, close to the original Listed farmhouse which is believed to date back to the late 18th Century. Hereward Homes has sensitively created a development which uses many of the materials commonly......
Plot Two - Birch House
Scott's Farm is built on the site of an old farmyard in the heart of Glinton, close to the original Listed farmhouse which is believed to date back to the late 18th Century. Hereward Homes has sensitively created a development which uses many of the materials commonly found on traditional Cambridgeshire agricultural buildings such as pantiles, limestone and stone style slate roofs.
To the front aspect of the development, Larch House reflects the design of barns found in the area and features a distinctive double height glazed panel to the front aspect with oak lintels over.
The homes are accessed from a private lane which leads to individual driveways offering ample parking and garages. Each home also enjoys private gardens to the front and rear which are bordered by stone walling or close board fencing. With patios to the rear and lawned gardens the new homes offer the perfect opportunity to enjoy a relaxed rural way of life without compromise.
Situated in a private cul-de-sac just a short walk from the village centre and open countryside. The development provides discerning homeowners with a choice of individual house design styles offering four or five bedroom layouts. All are completed to a high specification with luxurious features throughout.
The Property Specification
Hereward Homes specifies the highest quality of materials to ensure all properties are energy efficient and require the minimum level of maintenance. Each property benefits from a comprehensive labc guarantee for total peace of mind.
All homes are of natural coursed Stamford Stone Limestone construction. Some properties feature oak lintels and some cast stone cills and heads with stone style slate roofs. Clay pantiles are installed to all garages.
Purpose made large feature screens and purpose made flush casement windows in gardenia finish.
Either cottage style gardenia coloured front doors with chrome ironmongery or feature glazed front doors in glazed screens.
Properties have grp gardenia colour electrically remote operated garage doors.
Block paved access road and driveways. Footpaths & patio areas to be natural stone paving.
Front gardens are turfed or seeded. All gardens enclosed by existing walls or close boarded fencing.
Each house has an outside tap.
Oak cottage style doors with chrome lever door handles. Wardrobes have oak cottage style doors with chrome knobs.
All rooms include moulded skirts and architraves in soft white paint finish with smooth plaster finish to ceilings.
Stylish fitted kitchens with granite worktops upstand, including cooker, extractor hood, dishwasher,
fridge and freezer. Utility rooms, where provided have space for washing machine and tumble dryer with post-formed top and 100mm matching upstand. Ctd or Porcelanosa floor tiles to kitchen and utility room.
Stylish white sanitary ware with chrome fittings and Roman Haven shower screens with Mira showers. All bathrooms and en-suites to have choice of ctd or Porcelanosa ceramic tiles to walls and floors. Fully tiled to showers and half tiled on other walls with sanitary ware, splash back to cloakrooms.
Programmable gas central heating system, underfloor heating to the ground floor and radiators fitted with individual thermostatic valves to first floors. Stone fire surround and hearth to living room with wood burner.
LED recessed lights in the kitchen and bathrooms with external black carriage lights, lighting and power to garage.
Telephone and TV points to lounge, family room and all bedrooms, wall lights to the lounge.
An intruder alarm fitted with door contacts and motion detectors.
Each property will benefit from a ten-year warranty issued on completion by the labc. Choice of kitchen and wall/floor tiles is dependent upon stage of construction. Please note Hereward Homes' policy is one of continuous development and improvement and reserve the right to change the specification of properties without notice. The information within this brochure is carefully prepared but its contents do not form part or constitute representation of any warranty or contract. Dimensions are scaled from architect's drawings and although they are as accurate as practicable they may vary depending upon internal finishes.
Located just under 6 miles north of the centre of Peterborough, the rural village of Glinton is ideally located away from the hustle and bustle of city life whilst being close enough to enjoy and experience its cultural and historic attractions, shopping centres, sports facilities, cafés and diverse range of internationally influenced restaurants. Glinton also offers ease of access to the historic market towns of Market Deeping, Stamford and Bourne.
Glinton itself offers many of the essential services required for modern living including a Post Office/newsagent, traditional public houses and a primary school. The crowning glory is Arthur Mellows Village College which is located in a central location. Offering a high level of secondary education, it has twice been rated as 'outstanding' by Ofsted in recent years. Arthur Mellows is also home to a sixth form, dance studio and Astroturf sports pitches which are available for public/sports team use during evenings and weekends. The area is also home to a selection of highly regarded grammar and independent schools in nearby Peterborough, Stamford, Bourne and Oundle.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sharman quinney nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.