City bonus postcodes - No.14: Richmond TN13
With an idyllic river location, sophisticated Richmond town strikes the perfect balance between town and country life
A proper town in its own right rather than a suburb of London, Richmond is the perfect place for buyers who want to get away from the Capital but don’t want to move to the country.
Matthew Abernethy of Saviils says: “I would say about 50-65% of our clients are working in financial services – they’re lawyers, hedge-fund managers, bankers, accountants.
“They generally come here to buy a family home, and what they’re buying is the lifestyle: the green spaces, the great schools, the sophisticated village atmosphere of Richmond – it’s a lovely place to live.
“There are several pockets that are popular – generally, they want to be within 10-15 minutes of the stations, so Richmond Hill is a big draw. Also across the river - East Twickenham and the Trust Grounds in St Margarets.
“On Richmond Hill a house will cost £1.25-6 million; in East Twickenham £900,000 to £3m; in the Trust Grounds, £1-3m. “We also get younger buyers in the popular Alberts area – this has smaller 3-bed cottages that go for around £500,000.”
What about the house prices?
Primelocation Index says: up by 10% over the past year.
- By Mike O'Flynn
- 5 January 2011
The Top 20 Hotspots where bankers buy homes
- No.1: Chelsea, London, SW3
- No.2: Kensington, London, W8
- No.3: Knightsbridge, London, SW5
- No.4: Mayfair, London, W1
- No.5: Marylebone, London, W1
- No.6: Notting Hill, London, W2
- No.7: City & surrounds
- No.8: Docklands/Canary Wharf
- No.9: St Katherine's Dock, London, E1W
- No.10: Fulham, West London, SW6
- No.11: Chiswick, London, W4
- No.12: Battersea, London, SW11
- No.13: Wandsworth, London, SW18
- No.14: Richmond, Middlesex, TW12
- No.15: Wimbledon, London, SW19
- No.16: Guildford towns, GU5, GU8
- No.17: Candover Valley, Hampshire
- No.18: Sevenoaks, Kent, TN15
- No.19: Bridport, West Dorset
- No.20: The Cotswolds
related search results
- Property for sale in Hampshire
- Apartments for sale in The City
- Property for sale in London
They generally come here to buy a family home, and what they’re buying is the lifestyle