A detached characterful extended cottage found within a semi-rural location of Pontrhydyfen. The property benefits from an old stone staircase dating back to the original part of the cottage, exposed stone walls and beamed ceilings. Viewing is highly recommended.
This is a unique property in the sought-after village of Pontrhydyfen. Just a short walk to the Afan Forest Park with its many walking and cycling trails. Two miles from Neath and easy access to the M4 corridor, East or West.
Watermill Cottage (SA12 9TS), is a conversion from three stone built terraced cottages dating back to the end of the 19th Century. Now a modern three-bedroom cottage with its original features still exposed.
The property comes with a large conservatory and a large South West facing front and back garden with views over the forests.
The rear garden is terraced with access via steps. In the Spring and Summer the garden becomes a perfect place to relax and unwind. There is also a brick-built workshop with mains electricity.
Watermill Cottage is in a village location with a shop, a lovely country pub/restaurant, mains gas, BT fibre broadband, and an excellent recycling service.
The property is within 2 miles of primary and secondary schools (with school bus access).
The cottage offers the best of both worlds both urban and rural, located in a picturesque location whilst still being close to local towns.
Lounge 27' 6" x 13' 1" ( 8.38m x 3.99m )
Carpeted. Feature gas fire. Exposed beams. Stairs to first floor. Radiator. Windows to front.
Study 9' 5" x 9' 5" ( 2.87m x 2.87m )
Tiled floor. Old feature fireplace. Wooden ceiling.
Kitchen 13' 8" x 8' 5" ( 4.17m x 2.57m )
Tiled floors and splash back. Range of wall and base units with worktops. Integrated Bosch Fan Oven and 5 ring gas hob with extractor fan. Barn style back door leading to utility.
Ceramic tiled floor, large windows, door to font garden, door to rear furnished yard, sufficient space for an inside dining table.
Bedroom 1 13' 1" x 11' 2" ( 3.99m x 3.40m )
Carpeted. Built in wardrobes. Window to front.
Bedroom 2 7' 2" x 9' 8" ( 2.18m x 2.95m )
Carpeted. Windows to front. Exposed beams.
Bedroom 3 13' 8" x 7' 5" ( 4.17m x 2.26m )
Wooden flooring. Built in wardrobes. Window.
Stripped pine wooden floor. Four piece suite comprising of sink, wc, bath and shower. Window. Airing cupboard.
Area laid to lawn with mature shrubs.
Tiered garden, patio areas, steps leading to laid lawn areas and paved seating area at the top. Small "potting" shed (tool store) on mid level, and brick built workshop on the top level, with mains electricity supply.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither Peter Alan nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.