Tyn Y Beili is a detached four bedroom character cottage set within a 2.5 acre plot with extensive gardens and grounds and great potential for development. Occupying a rural location within a versatile plot, approached by an entrance drive. Must be seen.
A detached four bedroom character farm house built circa 1760, extended later around 1958 and occupying a large level garden plot of approximately 2.5 acres. This delightful cottage enjoys a rural setting just off Graig Llwyn Road, approached by a private drive and boasting considerable potential to be further extended with its large surrounding gardens. The property is in need of modernisation but offers four bedrooms, a sizeable main lounge (18'11 x 12'10) and a kitchen and breakfast room ( 14'11 x 13'10). There is also a separate scullery and walk in larder on the ground floor and a bathroom with separate wc on the first floor. Within the grounds of the property there are barns which could offer potential for conversion subject to the necessary planning applications and building regulation approvals. The property currently includes solid fuel heating (Aga within the kitchen), and we have been advised by the present owners that the property was last re-wired circa 1960-1970 and the roof was re-placed circa 1958 in welsh slate. Water is provided by an electric pump wish is connected into a well and private drainage is Cess Pit.
Transport And Amenities
The area is served by Lisvane and Thornhill Railway Station, north bound to Rhymney and south bound to Cardiff Central via Cardiff Queen Street. Cardiff bus operate services 27 (Thornhill/Birchgrove/Heath/Cathays) 28 (Llanishen, Roath) 85 (Thornhill/Heath), 85a (Heath) 86 (Llanishen/Heath/ Gabalfa/Cathays) from Cardiff central bus station through the area. In addition there are two churches, three popular public houses with restaurants, including the Cottage, The Ty-Mawr and the Griffin.
The location is very easy for access to Llanishen Village, with its historic Church and its wide range of local shops, stores, supermarkets, hair dressers, banks and coffee shops.
There is also a local pharmacy and a post office, and schools in walking distance including Llyfaen Primary, Llanishen High School on Heol Hir and Christ The King Roman Catholic primary School on Everest Avenue.
A special feature within a few minutes walking distance is a railway station allowing fast travel to Cardiff City Centre. Also within easy driving distance is an exit onto Manor way, allowing fast travel to the A 470 and the M4.
Lisvane is one of the most desirable areas of both Cardiff and Wales, and up to 2011, had an average house price of £410,000 with many properties in excess of £1,000,000. Lisvane has 3319 residents, and comprising approx of 1700 dwellings. Facilities include a local village shop, a primary school, a community cabin library, a park, a nursery, a parish church, a war memorial, a scout hall and community/village hall. Lisvane cricket club is based at Llynarthen in nearby St Mellons. Secondary schools locally include Corpus Christie Catholic high School on Heol Hir.
Entrance Hall 14' 9" x 9' 10" ( 4.50m x 3.00m )
Approached by a panelled front entrance door, flagstone floor, wood burner, returning spindle balustrade staircase.
Lounge 18' 11" x 12' 10" ( 5.77m x 3.91m )
Wood floor, window to front and side aspect, coved ceiling, open fireplace, traditional panel door to entrance hall.
Kitchen & Breakfast Room 14' 11" x 13' 10" ( 4.55m x 4.22m )
Range of base cupboards, Aga cooker with anthracite fuel, window to front, stainless steel sink unit.
Scullery 10' x 7' 11" ( 3.05m x 2.41m )
Flagstone floor, Belfast sink, space with plumbing for an automatic washing machine, outer door to side, slate slab.
Larder 7' 11" x 4' 6" ( 2.41m x 1.37m )
Slate shelf, window to rear, flagstone.
First Floor Landing
Approached by a spindle balustrade staircase, window to rear, access to roof space.
Bedroom One 14' 9" x 7' 10" ( 4.50m x 2.39m )
Window to front, access to roof space, traditional panel door to landing.
Bedroom Two 13' 8" x 11' 4" ( 4.17m x 3.45m )
Window to front, exposed wood floor, traditional panel door to landing, wash hand basin.
Bedroom Three 12' 11" x 9' 1" ( 3.94m x 2.77m )
Wash hand basin, window to front.
Bedroom Four 12' 11" x 9' 8" ( 3.94m x 2.95m )
Window to side, traditional panel door to landing.
Bathroom 6' 8" x 5' 6" ( 2.03m x 1.68m )
Window to front, panel bath, ceramic tiled surround, shaped wash hand basin, window to front.
Separate Wc 5' 6" x 2' 10" ( 1.68m x 0.86m )
Wc, traditional panel door to landing, window to front.
Gardens And Grounds
The property occupies a plot of approximately 2.5 acres. There is a old semi-derelict barn on the site, which could offer potential for development subject to obtaining the necessary planning applications and building regulation approvals.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither Peter Alan nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.