Viewings suspended - offer received and accepted
Hewats are delighted to present to the market 13 Alvingham Avenue, Castle Douglas, a two storey 3 bedroom mid - terraced house conveniently located within walking distance of the local Primary & Secondary School, Town Centre and all other retail outlets and amenities.
The house requires some upgrading and modernisation to enhance what already exists and to make the property into a modern and lovely family home for many years to come.
The property occupies a reasonable sized plot with steps from the street that lead up to a pathway leading to the front door. There is a separate pathway that leads through the adjoining shared Pend that provides access to the rear garden.
The garden to front is laid to gravel for ease of maintenance with mature plants and shrubs.
To the rear there is paved pathway immediately to the rear of the house. Steps lead up to an area of lawn/drying green and a paved patio area. Outside lighting. Outside water tap are in situ along with external gas meter.
The garden is bounded by a low block/brick roughcast retaining wall to the front and wooden fencing to the rear.
13 Alvingham Avenue was built 1953 as stated on the building. The main walls are of cavity brick construction, roughcast and part rendered externally, and the wall in the pend is pointed. It has an internal floor area of 93m2.
The accommodation comprises of :-
- A welcoming & bright entrance hall with stairs to upper floor, understair recessed area for storage and place to put store your coats and shoes.
- The spacious lounge comes with large window to front, Fyfestone brick built fireplace with tiled hearth, wooden mantle and living flame gas fire, shelved cupboard and door leading through to Kitchen.
- The kitchen will require an upgrade, currently sited are two base units, stainless steel sink and drainer, there is space for automatic washing machine, freestanding cooker. A cupboard houses the Potterton central heating boiler, electric meter and consumer unit, window to rear overlooking rear garden.
- The rear hall provides a pantry style cupboard and access to the rear garden.
- Upper landing provides storage via fitted cupboard and access to attic is via hatch, a smoke alarm is in situ.
- All bedrooms are double in size and benefit from built in wardrobes leaving ample space for free standing furniture. Each room provides an abundance of natural light from there windows, two of the bedrooms overlook the rear garden and the master is to front. Scope for an en-suite is possible with the master bedroom.
- The downstairs wet room comes with white wash-hand basin set in vanity unit and W.C, open shower area with chrome shower, part tiled, part Aquaboard, obscure glazed window to rear fitted with roller blind.
- Gas fired Central Heating.
- UPVC double glazed casement style windows. Timber doors to front and rear.
- Garden to front and rear.
- On street Parking.
- Town Location.
- Home Report Value £125,000
- EPC Band - D
- Council Band - B
- Home Report can be sought by contacting the property team or by logging onto
- Viewings - Highly recommended, the property team can be contacted on – Option 3.
Castle Douglas, known as Scotland's Food Town has many local individual shops and businesses providing a varied selection of gifts, foods and services. There is a library and both primary and secondary schools in the town along with supermarkets, health services, churches, veterinary services and a thriving livestock market and golf course.
The area in general is renowned for its mild climate, diverse scenic beauty and offers a varied range of sporting activities including Tennis and Squash Courts, several Golf Courses, some Championship standard, and extensive shooting and fishing opportunities. It is also within easy driving distance of the popular sailing village of Kippford and Loch Ken is also close at hand.
Travel links to and from the area are very good. There is a main line railway station in Dumfries and also Lockerbie providing excellent links to both the north and south. The M6/M74 motorway network is 40 miles distant, and there are regular flights to other parts of the UK, Ireland and Continental Europe from Prestwick Airport which is about one and a half hours drive to the North. Edinburgh and Glasgow can be reached in two hours. offers
Offers in Scottish Legal form should be lodged with the selling agents’ Castle Douglas Office. Interested parties are strongly recommended to register their interest with the selling agents as a closing date may be fixed for offersentry
Subject to negotiation.