Living is easy in this generously proportioned contemporary residence with stunning forest and garden views and has the great benefit of having direct forest access. The floor plan encompasses five perfect bedrooms all with luxury bath/shower rooms. The sleek and stylish bespoke kitchen flows through to the dining room with access to a rear terrace. This architect designed home is ideally arranged over three floors which also includes a mezzanine snug accessed by a spiral staircase, in addition to the main lounge. This stunning home is perfect for a family or as a holiday retreat as it is surrounded by 14 acres of gardens and woodland and is situated on the edge of a village in the New Forest National Park.
This desirable home is situated in the rural hamlet of Linwood, located in the heart of the New Forest National Park, with direct access to thousands of acres of natural heath and woodland, ideal for walking, cycling and riding. The nearby popular 'Red Shoot Inn' offers its own brewery with special New Forest Ales on Tap.
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other. It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster. Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards. For the commuter, the cities of Salisbury and Southampton are easily reached via the A338 and the A31 and London is only 2 hours distant, via the M3. The larger shopping towns of Bournemouth (10 miles south) and Southampton (20 miles east), both with their airports are easily accessible.
- Individually built in 2012, approximately 4000 sqft arranged over three floors with stunning oak staircases and oak internal doors
- The reception hall benefits from beautiful limestone floors which continue through into the open plan kitchen
- Cloakroom with contemporary suite
- Underfloor heating system which is supplied by an air source heat pump
- Modern cat 5 cabling, LED lighting and state of the art Lutron lighting system
- High quality bespoke Bulthaup kitchen with Corian worktops
- Integral appliances include Miele steam oven with plate warmer, Miele conventional oven, Miele induction hob, Miele dishwasher, Quooker instant boiling water, Miele fridge/freezer and water softener
- Separate dining and sitting area with bi fold doors leading out onto a terrace
- A spiral staircase leads to a snug with the main lounge below, this stunning room enjoys a double aspect with access to two raised terraces and also benefits from a fireplace with a built in wood burning stove
- A useful boot room with broom cupboard, utility room with an additional sink, a built in washing machine, dryer and an integrated fridge/freezer
- A sound proofed cinema room which also serves as an additional lounge
- A good-sized dedicated study
- Oak stairs lead down to a lower ground hall with access to a plant room which houses the hot water system, water softener and heat recovery unit
- Five bedrooms all with built in wardrobes and high quality Duravit suites
- The master bedroom, with stunning garden views, has a dressing room and a beautifully finished en suite bathroom with a free-standing bath and modern washstand
- The property is approached through electric remote wooden gates to a sweeping drive and courtyard with generous parking
- A double garage with electric doors and an ancillary block of approximately 1000 sqft which is currently used as storage/gym
- The gardens which surround the house consist of the main lawn to the rear of the property with an attractive raised terrace adjacent to the side of the property designed by Chelsea multiple gold winner, Sarah Eberle
- The gardens which include a green roof have been arranged for low maintenance and feature a large pond and an orchard
- The remainder of the gardens consist of a beautiful sssi woodland with a Wendy House nestled within the variety of trees
- All weather tennis court