Offered for sale for the first time in many years, this property retains many historic features and has plenty of character. This six bedroom house provides flexible living arrangements set in lovely gardens with stunning views. The original farm house is said to dated back to the middle 1600's.
Offered for sale for the first time in many years, this beautiful renovated house has a lot to offer. The house has accommodation arranged over three floors and currently provides a very comfortable home for the present owner whilst retaining many historic features and much of the original character.
Hand Farm was originally a large working farm and its thought that the original house dates back to the middle 1600's. The house was completely renovated and sympathetically restored when a new extension was added to accommodate kitchen and additional bedroom. The current owner has updated the house with new roof, hardwood windows and doors, plumbing and electrics. All interior walls were insulated and replastered and fitted with new floors.
The ground floor accommodation briefly comprises a generous lounge with exposed stone wall and log burner making this an ideal room for cosy family time. There is an additional sitting room, conservatory and kitchen/breakfast room with doors out on to a courtyard. To the first floor there is access to the master bedroom with en suite, two additional double bedrooms, a single bedroom and the family bathroom with roll top bath. The top floor hosts two additional double bedrooms with private access.
The gardens are all level and mainly laid to lawns with a decked area, well established borders and amazing views over the mountains. The property can accommodate several vehicles in the parking area to the side of the house.
Enter via wooden door, radiator, oak flooring and doors leading to:
Lounge 17' 9" x 12' 3" ( 5.41m x 3.73m )
Feature exposed stone wall with recessed log burner, radiator, oak flooring.
Sitting Room 12' 6" x 12' 8" min ( 3.81m x 3.86m min )
Front facing window, gas fire place with decorative surround, oak flooring, door to conservatory.
Conservatory 12' 4" x 9' 5" ( 3.76m x 2.87m )
Hard wood conservatory with panoramic windows to take in the lovely views to rear of the property across to Monmouthshire, doors to garden.
Kitchen / Dining Room
Kitchen 8' 9" x 14' 8" ( 2.67m x 4.47m )
Rear facing window, fitted country style kitchen with a range of floor and wall mounted units with work surfaces over, sink drainer, integrated dishwasher, space for freestanding fridge freezer. Door to utility room.
Dining Room 8' 5" max x 16' 7" ( 2.57m max x 5.05m )
Double doors out to the garden, built in dresser, fireplace with freestanding electric style burner.
Rear facing window, doors to storage cupboard and WC and stable door leading out to the driveway.
With doors to four bedrooms and bathroom, stairs to the second floor.
Master Bedroom 12' 5" max x 19' 8" max ( 3.78m max x 5.99m max )
Two windows bringing in lots of natural light, storage cupboard, door to en suite.
Bedroom Two 12' 8" x 12' 6" ( 3.86m x 3.81m )
Front facing window, storage cupboard.
Bedroom Three 8' 9" min x 12' 6" ( 2.67m min x 3.81m )
Front facing window, storage cupboard.
Bedroom Four 6' 5" x 8' 8" ( 1.96m x 2.64m )
Four piece suite.
Second Floor Landing
Bedroom Five 11' 4" x 22' 9" ( 3.45m x 6.93m )
Some reduced head height, this former dairy quarters has eaves storage and door to the driveway meaning this could be self contained.
Bedroom Six 10' 8" x 14' 3" ( 3.25m x 4.34m )
Some reduced head height, eaves storage, pipework for the possible creation of an en suite.
Beautiful wrap around garden with decked area which is ideal to take in the stunning views across the valley to Monmouthshire/ Within the gardens there is a summer house, shed, tool store and chicken coop. Driveway to side providing off road parking for multiple vehicles.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither Peter Alan nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.