This detached cottage style property was constructed circa 1997 and the current owners have occupied the property since it was built. Internally, there is a wealth of character with many exposed timbers and there is also the benefit of gas fired underfloor heating. Outside, the property is approached through a 5 bar gate. There is a detached double garage with first floor storage area. The gardens extend to about half an acre with large expanses of lawn, herbaceous borders and many specimen trees. The grounds enjoy a good measure of seclusion.
• Recessed Entrance Porch to Entrance Hallway
• Triple Aspect Sitting Room – feature inglenook style fireplace with heavy oak bressumer
• Further Reception Room – feature fireplace with exposed brickwork and woodburning stove. A double aspect room with double door to garden
• Family Room
• Kitchen/Dining Room - with a range of farmhouse style base and wall cupboards, recess with exposed brickwork, space for Range oven, deep Butler's sink, terracotta tiled floor, vaulted ceiling to dining area, double doors to garden
• Utility Room, gas fired boiler, door to garden
• Principal Bedroom – range of inbuilt wardrobes
• En-suite Bathroom – white suite of bath, hand basin, WC and shower cubicle
• 3 Further Bedrooms – 2 with inbuilt wardrobes
• Family Bathroom – white suite of bath, hand basin, WC and shower cubicle
• Double garage, internal staircase to first floor storage area
• Driveway providing ample car parking space
• Gardens and grounds of about half an acre
The house occupies a secluded position in this private park. The origins of Dormans Park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
The old market town of East Grinstead is about 2.5 miles away. Dormansland village is just over 1 mile with village store and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 2.5 miles offering local shopping facilities, the renowned Racecourse, and the highly regarded Lingfield College, an independent day school. For commuters, Dormans Station is just over 1 mile away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.