Stunning Grade ll, detached cottage in sought after bustling marsden - built in 1737. Central, yet quiet location with gardens overlooking a babbling brook, idyllic village living! Plentiful parking, potential to add a ground floor cloakroom and the outbuilding has potential for home office/annex.
***viewings strictly by appointment only***
The property is conveniently located in central Marsden. Marsden is close to a good selection of well regarded primary and secondary schools and is the perfect location for commuters, being approximately 8 miles from Huddersfield, 11 from Oldham, 18 from Manchester and 27 from Leeds. If public transport is required then Marsden has it all. An excellent bus service is offered to surrounding villages and Huddersfield. It boasts its own railway station which provides services along the Huddersfield Line between Huddersfield, Manchester and Leeds. The village has a good range of shops and restaurants and for those with a keen interest in village community life, Marsden will not disappoint as its hosts festivals and cultural events throughout the year. Marsden is in the care of the National Trust and offers naturally beautiful scenery; ideal for hardy hikers or Sunday strollers.
Having a timber and glazed entrance door, a useful cloakroom cupboard and a door leading into the lounge.
Lounge 26' 1" x 11' 4" max into recess ( 7.95m x 3.45m max into recess )
This exceptionally beautiful room comprises two areas which have an open plan layout to create one generous reception room or can be used for separate activities. The room boasts a stone fireplace with log burning stove along with two radiators, exposed character beams, exposed stonework and double glazed mullioned windows to the front and rear elevations.
The decor is extremely fitting for the cottage and both complements and adds to the characterful features of this stunning reception room.
A carpeted staircase rises to the first floor. There are two doors leading to the dining room and to the kitchen.
Dining Room 11' 3" x 12' 11" ( 3.43m x 3.94m )
Another stylishly appointed reception room with plenty of space for a generous dining table and chairs. The room has a gas fire set to the feature stone fireplace and boasts character beams and two double glazed mullioned windows to the front elevation.
Completing the room are two radiators. The striking decorative theme continues through here, once again enhancing the character of the dining room. Open plan to the kitchen.
Kitchen 14' 11" x 12' 9" ( 4.55m x 3.89m )
This attractively presented, spacious modern kitchen includes an excellent range of quality grey fitted wall and base units with complementary work surfaces incorporating an inset one and a half bowl sink unit with mixer tap.
Appliances include an integrated dishwasher, fridge freezer and wine fridge along with a five ring gas hob and double electric oven with stainless steel cookerhood extractor above.
The room has a vertical radiator, tiled flooring, feature tiled walls, mullioned double glazed windows overlooking the rear garden, a stable door to the rear garden and an under-stair cupboard.
A stylish curved unit divides the dining room from the kitchen to create a fabulous open plan space for family gatherings and entertaining.
Having exposed character beams, a radiator, a double glazed window to the rear and doors leading to the three bedrooms and the shower room.
Bedroom One 13' 1" x 15' ( 3.99m x 4.57m )
A really beautiful master bedroom with modern fitted wardrobes, exposed character beams, a radiator and a dual aspect with mullioned windows to the rear and side aspects.
Bedroom Two 10' 6" max into recess x 12' max into recess ( 3.20m max into recess x 3.66m max into recess )
This second double bedroom has a radiator and enjoys a good deal of natural light provided by double glazed mullioned windows to two elevations.
Bedroom Three 10' x 11' 5" ( 3.05m x 3.48m )
This third double bedroom, again enjoys a light airy feel with double glazed windows to two elevations, a radiator and a built-in desk.
Fitted with an attractive modern suite complemented by eye-catching tiled walls and a beautiful stone fireplace and a contemporary spiral radiator.
The suite comprises shower cubicle, twin wash hand basins and a WC.
Completing the room are opaque double glazed windows to the rear and side elevations
The cottage has a level lawned garden with a stone flagged patio area and mature borders of plants and shrubs. This idyllic retreat has a bubbling brook at the bottom which the current owners enjoy sitting by and is set within private walled boundaries.
The property has a shared driveway to the side (shared with neighbour) and a garage and further off road parking across the road. On street parking is plentiful too.
Stone Building - Utility
To the rear of the property there is an stone wash house with power and light, plumbing for automatic washing machine, currently used as a utility room. It could offer potential for a home work place or granny/teenage annex as it has all services in place.
The detached single garage is located over the bridge and sits on leasehold land. The garage has an up and over door. There is also an additional parking space here.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.