A spacious and stylish duplex apartment with private terrace set on the popular Moor area of the village * Cranbrook School catchment area *
Hall House is an Arts and Crafts style building, purpose built in 2002 to comprise a small number of exclusive apartments. The Bronte is a duplex apartment of excellent proportions with high ceilings and tall windows, creating bright and airy accommodation.
There are two spacious and beautifully appointed reception areas with bi-fold doors between creating fabulous entertaining space. There is also a contemporary fitted kitchen and cloakroom on the ground floor. Above is a superb master suite with dressing room and en suite plus two further bedrooms, one with an en suite shower room.
Many of the rooms are double or triple aspect, taking advantage of high levels of natural light and allowing a wonderful view of the gardens and grounds. The apartment is neutrally decorated and is finished to a high standard throughout. Much of the ground floor benefits from smart travertine floor tiles and under-floor heating.
The Bronte has the advantage of a private wraparound terrace, which may be accessed from the drawing room, creating space for al fresco dining. The gardens and grounds are communal and feature sweeping lawns, established beds and herbaceous borders plus numerous indigenous and specimen trees including a majestic Cedar of Lebanon. A double garage with store room over is provided en bloc and there is also visitor parking available by the carriage sweep at the front of the building. There are about 6 acres of shared grounds in all.
- Entrance hall leading from communal lobby which benefits from automated entry system
- Dining hall with full height feature windows and staircase rising to gallery above
- Drawing room with elegant stone fireplace wood burning effect gas fire and French doors to terrace
- Kitchen comprising smart fitted cabinets with granite work-tops: Integral appliances including electric oven, gas hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, instant boiling water tap
- Utility room with built in cupboards and granite work-tops plus ground floor cloakroom
- Galleried landing with extensive storage cupboards
- Master suite with French doors to Juliet balcony and fireplace with electric wood-burner effect fire plus en suite shower room and dressing room
- 2 further bedrooms, one with en suite shower room
- Double en bloc garage with stairs to useful store room above plus visitors parking space
- Private paved terrace accessed from drawing room
- Shared landscaped gardens and ground of circa 6.5 acres
Hall House is set on the edge of the village Moor area of Hawkhurst. The property is just five minutes walk from The Eight Bells public house and restaurant opposite the Moor. The village offers a range of local independent shops, a Waitrose and a Tesco supermarket, Kino cinema and various historic village inns including the Queens Hotel and the highly regarded gastro-pub, The Great House. Nearby Cranbrook offers further shops and services and more comprehensive facilities may be found at Tunbridge Wells.
A range of excellent state and private schools in the area includes Hawkhurst cep School, Saint Ronan's and Marlborough House at Hawkhurst, Dulwich Preparatory in Cranbrook and Claremont Senior School at Bodium. The property also falls within the much sought after Cranbrook School catchment area.
The property is ideally situated for good road links; A21 leading to the M25 for Gatwick and Heathrow airports; A28 for access to Ashford International station (journey times to London St Pancras in approx. 37 minutes); M20 for Dover and Folkestone. Etchingham and Staplehurst stations both offer services to London main line stations - journey times of about 1 hour 20 minutes and 57 minutes respectively.
Cranbrook 5 miles
Tunbridge Wells 14 miles
Etchingham station 4.5 miles
Staplehurst station 10 miles
A21 2 miles
(All distances are approximate)
From Cranbrook take the A229 to Hawkhurst. At the crossroads in the centre of the village, go straight on into Highgate Hill. Proceed up Moor Hill for about 150 yards, past Talbot Road and turn left (just after the wine shop which will be on the right hand side) at the 'In' entrance to Hall House identified by two stone capped brick pillars.
- Services: Gas fired central heating, part under-floor heating, mains electricity and water. Private drainage.
- Local Authority: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
- Council Tax band (2018/19): G
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
- Viewings: Strictly by appointment through Jackson-Stops. Tel:
Tenure: 999 year lease from 2002. Service Charge: Approximately £5,700 p.a. To Hall House Management Ltd includes: Main water, communal and garden lighting, CCTV system, lift maintenance, cleaning of communal areas, gardening, electricity of the garage and common areas, insurance, building maintenance, payment of private drainage and including the provision of a sinking fund. A burglar alarm system and combined 24 hour surveillance cover the entrance and garage courtyard.