Property for sale in Priors Hatch Lane, Hurtmore, Godalming GU7
£3,000,000 (£399/sq. ft)
Property for sale - 8 bedrooms
Interested in this property?
Call +44 1483 665637 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
- Entrance porch, entrance hall and reception hall
- Drawing room, sitting room, dining room and study
- Kitchen / breakfast room, pantry, laundry, utility room and secondary kitchen
- Sitting room, apple store, dry store and wood store
- Master bedroom with bathroom and balconies
- 7 further bedrooms (3 en suite), further bathroom, dressing room and linen store
- Garaging for 4 cars, workshop and further storage
- Period glass houses and garden buildings requiring attention
- Gardens and grounds extending to 9.3 acres
- Potential to substantially extend; EPC: E
Dating from the early 20th century, Abbot’s Wood is a substantial and impressive family home in the Arts and Crafts style and retains all the characteristics typical of that period. Note-worthy characteristics include the generous panelled reception hall and elegant oak staircase, feature fireplaces in several rooms and attractive stone-mullioned leaded-light windows. High ceilings in the principal rooms and large windows create a tremendous impression of space and light drawing the eye to some wonderful garden views. Generous reception areas and garden access make Abbot’s Wood ideal for entertaining on a grand scale whilst being equally well suited to comfortably informal family living. The house has been maintained as required and has the potential, with some sympathetic upgrading and decoration, to provide a spacious and wonderfully stylish family home in the most convenient of locations.
The property currently provides up to eight bedrooms, including potential staff accommodation, which could easily be re-configured, if required. Beyond the main ground floor accommodation, a service wing provides
extensive storage areas and internal access to a garage/workshop, with space for up to four cars. This area offers potential to provide an indoor swimming pool complex (stp) and suggested plans can be shared with interested applicants.
Abbot’s Wood enjoys a particularly attractive and secluded location at the end of a private no-through-road in Hurtmore, on the outskirts of Godalming town.
Godalming 2.3 miles ( 3.6 km), Guildford 4.4 miles (7 km), M25 / J10 13 miles (20 km), Heathrow Airport 26 miles (41 km), Central London 36 miles (57 km), Godalming to London Waterloo by train from about 46 minutes.
(All mileages and times are approximate)
* Sizes listed are approximate. Please contact the agent to confirm actual size.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by house. London Surrey and Sussex, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact house. London Surrey and Sussex for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
View all Priors Hatch Lane properties for sale