Cottage for sale in Icen Way, Dorchester DT1
Offers in region of
Cottage for sale - 2 bedrooms
Interested in this property?
Call +44 1305 858070 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
- Town Centre Location
- Two Bedrooms and two Bathrooms (1 en suite)
- Rear l-shaped kitchen and dining room extension
- Courtyard space for a table and chairs
- Living room with log burner in brick inglenook
Fox & Sons are pleased to present this two bedroom grade II listed cottage, in the heart of dorchester town, The cottage benefits from bathroom and ensuite and a seperate dinning room to the lounge. The property also has a small courtyard
The cottage is about 250-years old and had a comprehensive and stylish refit by a former owner, including dry-lining the interior walls, and has existing planning permission for a further dormer window above the second floor staircase. There is heating by radiators and there is a night storage heater (with off-peak tariff) useful for cooler weather or if leaving the house empty while travelling. The ground floor is attractively quarry tiled throughout. There is an entrance porch with coat hanging space and meter cupboard, a ledged and braced door leads into the beamed sitting room which has a brick inglenook with a multi-fuel stove. A further ledged and braced door leads to the stairs and a sliding door leads into the l-shaped kitchen/dining room extension. The kitchen is comprehensively fitted with good quality cupboards, a dresser unit, integrated appliances, oven, electric hob and refitted combi boiler, and has both a casement and a Velux window. The dining area has French windows opening onto a small paved outdoor space. The original narrow turning staircase from the sitting room to the first floor is carpeted and leads to a generous double bedroom with stained floorboards, and with quaint window shutters, two large cupboards either side of the chimney breast and an inset flame effect electric fire. Adjacent to the bedroom is an attractively tiled bathroom with a separate thermostatic shower over the bath.
Lounge 17' 5" max x 12' 1" ( 5.31m max x 3.68m )
Kitchen 12' 6" x 6' 9" ( 3.81m x 2.06m )
Dining Room 11' 6" x 6' 5" into door recess ( 3.51m x 1.96m into door recess )
Bedroom One 13' 10" max x 11' 9" ( 4.22m max x 3.58m )
Bedroom Two 14' 7" restricted head height x 10' 8" ( 4.45m restricted head height x 3.25m )
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Fox & Sons - Dorchester, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Fox & Sons - Dorchester for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
View all Icen Way properties for sale