The site is being offered on a subject to planning basis and consideration will be given to either a Promotion or an Option Agreement.
The site is being offered by way of informal tender, tenders to be received by 12noon on Monday 4th March 2019.
The site extends in total to approximately 11 acres (4.5 hectares) subject to survey and is positioned on the northern side of the village, running behind the properties in Mill Land and Leys Road. It is located outside but immediately adjacent to the settlement boundary for the village and is currently in for agricultural use.
Access to the site will be taken from the northern end of Mill Lane. Indicative Access solution can be found within the Drop Box. The northern part of the site contains a tree belt, which currently falls under a Forestry Grant. A section of the belt will need to be removed in order to proceed with the proposed vehicular access off Mill Lane.
Barrow is a popular village found approximately 7 miles west of the market town of Bury St Edmunds and benefits from an active community including primary school, doctors’ surgery, village hall, two public houses and a village green.
According to the 2011 Census, Barrow has a population of 1,677.
Barrow provides convenient access to the A14, which provides direct access to Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich and the wider highway network. The closest railway station to Barrow is Kennett, which provides regular services to both Cambridge and Ipswich with connections to London and other regional centers.
The site falls within West Suffolk Planning Authority. Representations have been submitted to the Local Planning Authority, as part of the recent ‘call for sites’.
Carter Jonas has prepared a planning briefing note and this is included within the drop box, along with the documentation submitted to the Local Planning Authority as part of the ‘call for sites’.
There has been no conversation with the Local Planning Authority with progressing an application, outside of the documentation submitted in December 2018.
The site is being offered either by way of a promotion agreement, or an option agreement. A similar level of information will be required for both:-
• A sketch scheme;
• Indication of total number of units;
• Length of option/promotion agreement;
• Level of option/promotion fee;
• A contribution towards the owner’s legal and surveyors fees payable on exchange of contracts;
• An outline of your approach with the local planning authority;
• If your proposal is an option, the percentage of open market value you are prepared to offer;
• If your proposal is a promotion agreement, the percentage of the sales’ receipts you require;
• Confirmation as to whether or not the costs of securing planning will be deducted from the land sale and, if so, a capped figure;
• Confirmation of funding
• Confirmation of the approval process you require.
The Information pack will include:
• Carter Jonas’ planning brief;
• Copy of the registered Title;
• Proposed Access solution including relevant sketches;
• Representations submitted to the Local Planning Authority as part of the recent ‘call for sites’;
• Informal Tender form;
• ProMap image.
The site is being offered for sale freehold with vacant possession upon completion. Offers are invited by 12noon on Monday 4th March 2019.
Tenders to be submitted as an attachment to an email by 12noon on Monday 4th March 2019 to and . Bids submitted after the deadline may not be considered.
• Informal tender 12noon, Monday 4th March 2019
• Interviews for the top 2/3 parties at Carter Jonas, One Station Square, Cambridge, CB1 2GA on Wednesday 6th March 2019
• Selection of preferred bidder by Monday 11th March 2019
• Legal meeting with principals and advisors if required
• Exchange of contracts on or by week commencing Monday 11th March 2019.
Please contact either Mathew Forster on or by e-mail or alternatively Charles Harris on or by e-mail .