Entrance vestibule, Entrance Hall, Cloakroom, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Utility/Laundry Room, 3 further reception/family/craft rooms (could help form an annexe), Landing, Principle Bedroom with Jack and Jill en suite, 4 further bedrooms, family bathroom, shower room, gas fired central heating, sealed unit double glazing, double garage, lawned gardens, barn, detached coach house for conversion
Believed to have been built around 1856 this former Rectory has undergone extensive renovation over the last three years. The spacious and versatile accommodation is superbly presented making it ideal for a large family with the potential of dividing the ground floor to form an annexe if required. Features are the bespoke oak kitchen with granite work surfaces with separate dining island which has integrated appliances including double oven, induction hob, fridge freezer and dishwasher, quality amtico flooring through the hallway and many of the rooms, stunning bathroom and shower suites, several full height sash windows with shutters, a recently installed gas central heating system.
The property is set back on the plot with large lawned gardens, double garage and out buildings. To the left there is a two storey detached brick coach house on a separate deed that has planning permission for conversion into a separate 2/3 bedroom holiday home or separate dwelling. (Plans are available on Dorset4you website for North Dorset – Planning number 2/2005/1092).
Wrought iron gates with The Old Rectory named on them give access to the grassed drive that provides off road parking for several vehicles leading to a detached double garage with up and over doors, light, power and overhead storage. A separate 5 bar gate gives access to the studio.
Paved steps lead up to the front door with well-maintained lawn, further gate into the rear garden with views onto the village church, two paved terraces, decking area, adjoining outhouses (workshop/stores) and an iron exterior spiral staircase to the first floor
Milborne St Andrew lies south of Blandford and is mid way between the market town and the County town of Dorchester. It has a village store, post office, church and primary school.
The area is particularly well served by both independent and state schools. These include Bryanston, Clayesmore, Canford, Sandroyd, Port Regis and Milton Abbey. Excellent state schools in both Blandford and Dorchester. It is within the catchment area to Thomas Hardye school in Dorchester.
Walking and riding over the surrounding countryside. Racing at Salisbury, Wincanton and Bath. Golf at Rushmore Park and Remedy Oak. Sailing and water sports at Poole, Weymouth and along the glorious Dorset coastline