Simply stunning detached stone built cottage which is located in the idyllic Peak District village of Milldale and enjoys breathtaking views from every aspect. The property is beautifully presented throughout and features two reception rooms, three bedrooms, off road parking and landscaped gardens.
This beautifully presented detached stone cottage dates back to the 17th century and enjoys an enviable position in the sought after village of Milldale in the Peak District National Park. The cottage is light and bright throughout and in brief the living accommodation comprises; entrance lobby, fitted kitchen, dining room, sitting room, study and guest cloakroom. To the first floor the landing leads to three bedrooms, bathroom and utility room. The property is fully enclosed by dry stone wall and stone steps lead to the main entrance. There is a generous patio seating area to the front which enjoys stunning views of the village, river dove and surrounding countryside. To the side of the property there is a gravelled driveway which provides off road car standing for multiple vehicles. To the rear there is a beautiful landscaped garden which is presented over various levels and includes lawned garden, shingle pathways, a wide variety of mature shrubs and planting. The upper level boasts a patio seating area which enjoys the surrounding countryside views.
Milldale is a pretty little village which lies next to the river Dove and is famous for it's ancient packhorse bridge. There is a small methodist chapel and shop window in Polly's Cottage. Milldale is approximately 7 miles from the market town of Ashbourne which offers a wide variety of shops, tea rooms, restaurants and amenities.
Entrance door to front, staircase leading to the first floor and doors to;
Fitted Kitchen 13' 6" max x 8' 10" max ( 4.11m max x 2.69m max )
Fitted with a range of pine wall and base units with rolled edge working surface, ceramic sink and drainer unit, electric cooker point with extractor hood, integrated dishwasher, useful appliance space, exposed beams to ceiling, complementary tiling to walls, flagstone floor and double glazed sash window to front.
Dining Room 13' 9" x 13' 7" ( 4.19m x 4.14m )
Double glazed sash window to front, feature stone fireplace with open fire and slate hearth, tiled floor, exposed beams to ceiling and radiator.
Lounge 11' 10" x 10' ( 3.61m x 3.05m )
Two velux windows to rear, double glazed French doors leading to the garden and patio seating area, feature exposed stone wall, tiled floor and radiator.
Study 6' 8" x 6' 9" ( 2.03m x 2.06m )
Stable door to front, velux window to front and radiator.
Fitted with low level wc, tiled floor and extractor fan.
First Floor Landing
Stable entrance door to rear, velux window to rear, three useful storage cupboards, two attic access' and doors leading to;
Master Bedroom 14' 4" x 12' 4" ( 4.37m x 3.76m )
Double glazed French doors leading to the rear garden, double glazed window to side, feature exposed stone wall, feature stone fireplace with wood burning stove, tiled hearth and wooden mantle, exposed beams to ceiling and radiator.
Bedroom Two 14' 1" x 10' 7" ( 4.29m x 3.23m )
Double glazed sash windows to front, velux window to rear, fitted wardrobes, exposed beams to ceiling and radiator .
Bedroom Three 14' x 9' 4" ( 4.27m x 2.84m )
Double glazed sash window to rear and double glazed window to side, exposed beams to ceiling and radiator.
Fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin, low level wc, fully tiled shower cubicle with shower, exposed beams to ceiling, complementary tiling to walls and floor and obscure double glazed window to side.
Utility Room 7' x 5' 1" ( 2.13m x 1.55m )
Fitted with working surface, plumbing for washing machine, oil boiler, exposed beams to ceiling, tiled floor and double glazed window to side.
The property is fully enclosed by dry stone wall and stone steps lead to the main entrance. There is a generous patio seating area to the front which enjoys stunning views of the village, river dove and surrounding countryside. To the side of the property there is a gravelled driveway which provides off road car standing for multiple vehicles. To the rear there is a beautiful landscaped garden which is presented over various levels and includes lawned garden, shingle pathways, a wide variety of mature shrubs and planting. The upper level boasts a patio seating area which enjoys the surrounding countryside views. There are two useful stone outbuildings which offer a generous amount of storage.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.