Land for sale in Putnoe Lane, Bedford MK41
Interested in this property?
Call +44 1234 671982 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
- For sale by informal tender
- Superb building plot
- With planning consent
- C.0.28 acres
- Highly desirable area
- Non-estate setting
Superb building plot of c 0.28 acre with planning consent for a substantial individual five bed detached house together with double garage. **for sale by informal tender**
Substantial building plot in highly desirable residential area offering a truly rare opportunity.
Planning consent to erect a five bed detached house extending to c.2,830 sq. Ft. With double garage.
Plot extends to c.0.28 acres (0.114 ha) of existing garden land.
Superb, non-estate setting.
The plot is in a highly regarded residential area 1.5 miles to the north east of Bedford town centre and is conveniently situated for access to the A421 (Oxford / Cambridge Expressway) linking the A1 to the M1 and Bedford main line railway station which has fast, frequent trains to London St Pancras International (fast trains approximately 36 minutes).
The immediate area is well served with local shops and schools and within easy walking distance of Bedford Park. Bedford is also home to the highly regarded independent Harpur Trust private schools.
Planning permission was granted on 28th June 2017 under planning reference 17/00223/ful for the erection of a new dwelling.
A copy of the planning consent notice and detailed plans can be supplied on request.
The vendors will be submitting a ?Non Material Amendment? Application to slightly amend the boundary position, shown on the planning drawings between the existing house and the building plot.
Community Infrastructure Levy (cil)
The planning permission is cil liable which we estimate to be in the region of £32,000. The cil payment will be the responsibility of the purchaser. Self builders can claim exemption from payment of cil.
The existing highway access off Putnoe Lane will serve both the existing property and the new plot. The widening of the existing access and the construction of the new driveway to serve the new plot is to be carried out by the plot purchaser.
The demolition and making good necessary to the existing property to facilitate access to the plot will be the responsibility of the plot purchaser.
Offsite Works to be completed by Plot Purchaser
1. Rebuilding and widening of the existing access and new vehicular crossover from Putnoe Lane, planning conditions 11 & 13.
2. Demolition of conservatory and necessary reinstatement works to facilitate construction of new access driveway and works necessary to comply with planning condition 10.
3. Provision of Juliet balcony to upper floor door above conservatory.
4. Removal of trees identified for removal to facilitate new access driveway.
5. Construction of new access driveway, planning conditions 8 & 12.
6. Bin collection point and cycle hoops, planning condition 15.
7. The purchaser is to erect a new 1.8m high close board boundary fence between points A, A1, A2 & B & C shown on the Fencing Plan and Promap in this brochure, incorporating 1.8m wide gates at point X.
8. The purchaser is to erect a new 1.2m high close board boundary fence between points C & D & E and F & G shown on the Promap and fencing plan incorporating 1.8m wide gates at points Y & Z.
9. The purchaser is to erect a personal gate between the new fence & the existing house in line with the front elevation of the existing house at point C.
(exact positions of all the points to be agreed with the vendor on site)
The existing property is connected to all mains services and we believe that all mains services can be made available to the new plot but Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries on this and satisfy themselves with respect to availability and cost of connections.
Existing Wayleaves, Easements and Rights of Way:
The property is to be sold subject to and with the benefit of all wayleaves, easements and rights of way whether or not mentioned in these details.
The plot is to be sold freehold.
The vendor will have a permanent right of way over the new driveway shown cross hatched black on the fencing plan.
The purchaser will have a shared right of way over the end of the drive shown coloured blue on the plan.
A covenant will be imposed on the building plot restricting the proposed development to one new dwelling house.
The purchaser will own the driveway shown cross hatched black on the plan and will keep the same in a good state of repair and free from any obstruction at all times.
Sale by Informal Tender, unconditional offers are invited subject to contract only.
Informal Tenders are to be submitted on the enclosed Informal Tender form in a sealed envelope clearly marked ?Informal Tender for Building Plot, 88 Putnoe Lane? By midday Friday 23rd March 2018.
Conditions of sale:
(1) The purchaser is to exchange unconditional contracts within 20 working days from when their solicitor receives draft contract documentation.
(2) Following exchange, legal completion is to take place in a timescale to be agreed between the vendor and the purchaser.
Strictly by prior appointment via Compass
Compass Land and Development on Compass Land & Development for themselves, and for the vendors of the land, whose agents they are, give notice that; (A) These particulars are produced in good faith, but are set out as a general guide only and do not constitute any part of a contract; (B) No person in the employment of Compass Land and Development has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty what so ever to the land Feb 2018. These details are presented subject to Contract and without prejudice.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Compass Land & Property Ltd, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Compass Land & Property Ltd for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
View all Putnoe Lane properties for sale