A unique part thatched detached cottage located on the outskirts of North Lopham. Wealthy of period features within and including a kitchen/breakfast room, large sitting room, three bedrooms with master en-suite bathroom and separate family bathroom as well as a stunning conservatory.
This property oozes a great wealth of character and charm, from its level of exposed beams through to the large inglenook fireplace and part thatched roof ( recently replaced by the current owners in 2013) Inside there is a high level of accommodation for a single storey dwelling, not only the number of rooms but also the size and aspects of these rooms. The kitchen/breakfast room is a great size to dine and work, leading through to the sitting room, large conservatory and the rest of the sleeping accommodation. There are three double bedrooms, one with the added benefit of an en-suite bathroom. The second bedroom is currently being used as a dining room by the current owners, however this room can be as versatile as required. The main bathroom has been recently modernised by the current owners.
Externally, the cottage enjoys a lovely location with only distant neighbours overlooking fields to the front. The plot size is circa 1/4 acre ( stms) and is fully enclosed by mature hedging. The rear garden is carefully manicured by the current owners and is mainly laid to lawn with a variety of beds and borders.
The detached garage/ workshop is a fantastic size offering a up and over door and window to front aspect, offering electricity and light to make an ideal working space also.
Within about 15 minutes drive of the A11 (Norwich to London road) and the railway station in Diss where there are frequent services to London Liverpool Street (Circa 90 minutes), this is an ideal property for those looking for a village life whilst having immediate access into the region and beyond.
North Lopham is a highly sought-after village offering a range of amenities including primary school, church, post office and village shop. As well as a great village pub serving lovely food and a community centre.
Front door into;
Small window to side aspect, storage area and doorway into;
Kitchen / Breakfast Room 16' 11" x 10' 9" ( 5.16m x 3.28m )
A stunning room with triple aspect windows to front, side and rear aspect. Period features including exposed beams. A Range cooker set into a brick fireplace surrounded by a fully fitted kitchen offering a variety of storage including cupboards and drawer space. Tiled floor and doorway into;
Sitting Room 16' 11" max x 14' 4" max ( 5.16m max x 4.37m max )
Window to front and two to rear aspect, large inglenook fireplace with oil fired stove. Exposed beams and timbers Fitted carpet and door through to rear hallway.
A large room enjoying the garden outlook, with double opening doors, tiled floor and radiator.
Window to rear and side aspect, carpet, exposed beams and door into;
Small and very cute window to rear, tiled floor, partly panelled walls, ceiling spotlights, claw foot bath, low level flush WC and wash hand basin.
Bedroom 2 / Dining Room 12' 8" x 10' 9" ( 3.86m x 3.28m )
Window to front aspect with Victorian style fireplace. Currently being used as a dining room,
Bedroom 3 10' 9" x 8' 4" ( 3.28m x 2.54m )
Window to front aspect, built in cupboard, laminate flooring and exposed beams.
A full family bathroom having been modernised by the current owners, tiled floor, part tiled walls, corner bath with mixer tap over and electric shower. Low level flush WC and pedestal hand wash basin,
1/4 acre plot ( stms) mainly laid to lawn with mature hedging as boundaries two sheds and a beautiful summerhouse. A large detached single garage and workshop
Detached Garage / Workshop
From Diss proceed in a westerly direction along the A1066, on reaching the village of South Lopham, take the staggered crossroads, right hand turning towards North Lopham. Follow this road for approx 2 miles through the village and take the left hand turning signposted East Harling. The property will be found around 500m on your right hand side enclosed with high hedging.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.