A substantial six bedroom detached barn conversion nestled in attractive gardens, currently used as main home and holiday cottage but is also registered for dependent relative. The attractive property occupies a popular setting in Matlock close to an excellent range of shops and amenities.
A substantial six bedroom detached barn conversion nestled in attractive gardens, currently used as main home and holiday cottage but is also registered for dependent relative. The attractive property occupies a popular setting in Matlock close to an excellent range of shops and amenities within highly regarded school catchment and surrounded by stunning Derbyshire countryside. With easy access to local walks and cycle trails the property, with off road parking for several vehicles and orchard, is within commutable distance to major commercial centres and enjoys picturesque views across the surrounding countryside.
With tiled floor, exposed stone walling and rear entrance door.
With double glazed window, stainless steel sink set in counter top, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine, base units and radiator.
Ground Floor Wc
With low flush WC, wash hand basin and wall mounted boiler.
Breakfast Kitchen 14' 2" x 12' 1" ( 4.32m x 3.68m )
A fitted kitchen comprising wall, base and drawer units with resin sink set in work top with matching upstand. Inset four ring gas hob, overhead extractor canopy, eye level built in oven, integrated dishwasher and fridge freezer. With two double glazed windows, tiled floor and radiator.
Entrance Hall / Study
A staircase with understairs storage leads to the first floor, two radiators and double glazed entrance door.
Sitting Room 15' 6" x 14' 9" maximum measurements ( 4.72m x 4.50m maximum measurements )
A dual aspect reception room with feature stone fireplace with multi fuel stove, double glazed windows, exposed beams, radiator, built in storage and display plinth set with the chimney recess.
Dining Room 15' 2" x 14' 3" ( 4.62m x 4.34m )
A generous reception room with double glazed windows to two sides, exposed stone work, two radiators and double glazed entrance door.
First Floor Galleried Landing
With secondary glazed window, Velux window and wooden balustrade.
Bedroom 15' 3" x 14' 9" ( 4.65m x 4.50m )
A dual aspect double bedroom with built in storage, two radiators and double glazed windows.
Comprising shower enclosure with overhead shower and glazed screen, wash hand basin with storage beneath and low flush WC. With ladder style heated towel rail, double glazed opaque window and built in linen cupboard.
With double glazed window and radiator.
Bedroom 8' 10" maximum measurement x 12' 2" ( 2.69m maximum measurement x 3.71m )
With arrow slit windows, Velux window, radiator and built in storage.
Bedroom 12' x 7' 7" ( 3.66m x 2.31m )
With double glazed window, Velux window, radiator and built in wardrobes.
Annex / Holiday Cottage
Accessed from the entrance lobby.
With radiator and access hatch to loft space with pull down ladder.
Bedroom 8' 10" maximum measurement x 12' 1" ( 2.69m maximum measurement x 3.68m )
With double glazed window and radiator.
Comprising walk in shower enclosure with glazed screen, wash hand basin with storage cupboard beneath and dual flush WC. With partially tiled walls, ladder style heated towel rail, built in storage cupboard and Velux window.
Bedroom 12' 2" x 10' ( 3.71m x 3.05m )
A double bedroom with double glazed windows and radiator.
Open Plan Living Room 15' 1" x 19' 8" ( 4.60m x 5.99m )
A reception room with log burning stove set on a stone hearth, television point, double glazed window, radiator and sun tunnels.
Breakfast Kitchen 8' 10" x 15' 11" ( 2.69m x 4.85m )
A fitted kitchen comprising wall, base and drawer units with stainless steel sink set in counter top with tiled splashback. Inset four ring gas hob with overhead extractor canopy, eye level built in oven and grill, space for fridge freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. With tiled floor, radiator and double glazed door and window.
With double glazed entrance door and windows, tiled floor, double doors open into the sitting room and a further door opens into:
Bedroom 17' 8" x 6' 7" ( 5.38m x 2.01m )
With full length double glazed window overlooking the garden, further side aspect double glazed window and radiator.
Exterior And Gardens
The property is approached via a sweeping driveway providing off road parking for several vehicles. The substantial gardens include decked and paved seating terraces, planted beds and borders, garden laid to lawn, pergola and specimen shrubs and trees including fruit trees. With glazed greenhouse, timber summer house, timber storage shed and wood store.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.