Retail premises for sale in Liverpool, England, United Kingdom L18
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
Please quote reference B06974
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market a turn-key franchise opportunity, which was established by our client 9 years ago who is now looking to pursue other business interests at the end of the agreed franchise term.
The business was founded in 2005 offering quality, fast and efficient clothing alterations to the public and local businesses. They have since grown across the UK and Ireland and now has 53 franchise stores due to the high demand among customers for high-quality, cost-effective tailoring services.
A franchise owner manages a team of people who carry out all the alterations so there is no need for any new owner to have any prior experience in seamstressing to successfully take over the business model.
Services include -
- Altering & resizing clothes - suits, dresses, formal wear & wedding attire
- Repairs & restorations - suits, dresses, formal wear & wedding attire
- Dry cleaning - carried out onsite
- Wet cleaning - popular eco option as does not require chemicals
- Design & creation
- Zip repair/replacement
- Upcycling vintage & pre-loved clothes
- Cushions & other home furnishings - making, alterations & repairs
- Curtain Alterations- including made to measure
It is a retail franchise but not a model that is under threat from the internet, people need to attend the shop for fittings.
It is also strong in recessionary times as a key part of the business offering is repairs and restyling / upcycling of clothes.
Key selling points -
- 30,000 customer details held on pos system
- Appears top of any Google search
- Excellent cash flow (money taken on order)
- New 10 year franchise period to be offered
- Training support offered
- The £15k franchise fee (for new franchises) will be waived
- State of art dry cleaning equipment recently installed
- Opportunity to expand internal working space and further grow sales
- Excellent staff retention (most of team present for 5 years +
- Seamstresses are very talented with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent repeat custom
- High level of referrals
- Over 200 5 star Google reviews
- Business website
- Facebook page - 284 followers
Further growth potential -
- Corporate business – the business does not currently have any corporate contracts for areas such as curtains / suits etc.
- Made to measure curtains – the business owner has set up a separate site for this and is a part of the business that could be very profitably increased.
- Dry Cleaning – The dry cleaning side of the business has not been pushed hard and there is significant room for growth in this area.
- Pickup and delivery service – This would widen the catchment area and as the business now offers an alterations / curtain and Dry cleaning service there is plenty of scope to grow.
The business can be run by an owner operator or quite easily as a ‘hands off’ business and employing a manager.
Very rarely do successful franchise opportunities of this standard, size or location come on to the open market and we therefore strongly advise early enquiry to avoid any disappointment.
We are advised the Landlord would also consider selling the freehold (approx value £240,000).
The business occupies a highly desirable trading position in Liverpool.
There is a good availability of customer parking directly outside as well as a busy bus stop.
Nearest mainline station is just 5 mins walk away.
Ground Floor -
- Customer waiting area (with seating)
- Counter area
- 2 x Large fitting rooms
- Open plan seamstress space
- Rear extension - Dry cleaning area
First Floor -
- Additional work room area (with large curtain table)
- Store rooms
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 1 year remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is £2,050 per month (£24,600 per annum).
The business hours are -
Monday – 9:30am - 5:30pm
Tuesday – 9:30am - 5:30pm
Wednesday – 9:30am - 5:30pm
Thursday – 9:30am - 5:30pm
Friday – 9:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday – 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Closed
We are advised that the business has 6 full-time and 1 part-time members of staff.
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £267,000. Further financials can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06974
For more information about this property, please contact
Hilton Smythe Business Sales, BL1 on +44 1204 351867 * (local rate)
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Hilton Smythe Business Sales, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Hilton Smythe Business Sales for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.