Please quote reference B06616
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Brixworth Home & Hardware, an exceptionally presented community business opportunity first established in the area over 50 years ago.
The ‘turn-key’ opportunity is now being offered for sale due to our clients wish to now retire who purchased the business 11 years ago from the previous owner.
The business offers a large range of home & garden essentials which includes the following -
- Home & garden supplies
- Plumbing & Electrical
- Cleaning products
- Home organisation
- Pet treats, bird food
The business is currently run full time by our client with the help of 2 x part time members who work on a Monday.
The businesses success is derived from the personal customer service, knowing what product lines to stock, the availability and convenient location.There are excellent customer reviews which include
- Facebook - 5 star rated - ‘Great customer service and a cracking range of products for sale’, ‘Whatever I need, they have! A great place. A true Alladins Cave!’, ‘We are so lucky to have this shop in our village, providing housewives with all their needs’
- Google reviews (4.8/5) - ‘What a brilliant shop! Drove past hundreds of times and never once noticed it but once you get inside…..Wow! Everything you need in the one place with friendly helpful staff. I shall be back!’
Our client admits even though he runs a very profitable business, there is still many things any new owner could add to further increase sales levels -
- Shaving of hand tools
- Key cutting
- Offer gas
- Outside plants
- Internet sales
Very rarely do ‘lifestyle’ businesses of this type or location come on to the open market and we therefore highly recommend early viewing to avoid any disappointment.Key selling points -
- Expanding village location
- Long lease term in place
- Full business handover offered
- Further potential for growth
- No internet sales currently
- All display units
- Cash till/card machine
Brixworth Home & Hardware occupies a prominent trading position on Hunters Way in Brixworth, Northampton.
The well-established business sits centrally along a busy parade of community shops which includes a Co-op, Post office, Fish & Chips shop, Greengrocers and Pharmacy.
The parade of shops is located within the heart of Brixworth village and offers free customer parking directly outside.
Brixworth has become an increasingly popular village to live in with an excellent choice of local schools, a beautiful country park and new housing developments being built to attract more families.
Brixworth is an ideal location for those looking to commute into the centre of Northampton which is just over 6 miles south (via the A508).PremisesGround floor -
- Large open plan retail area (with floor to ceiling display units)
- Fixed service counter
- Rear storeroom
- Staff kitchen area/toilets
- Storage garage
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with 14 years left on the current Lease, the rent is £1080 per month.Hours
The business trading hours are as followed:
Monday to Friday - 09:00am - 17:30pm
Saturday - 09:00am - 14:00pm
Sunday - ClosedStaff
The business is run and managed by 2 part time staff members.Financial Profile
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £180,000 as of 2020, further financial information can be made available upon request.Please quote reference B06616