This is a long established, leasehold business, which is debt free, with an annual turnover, we are advised, of £679,515 to end December 2019.
There are a variety of reasons why the owners and ourselves believe that there is absolute and realistic potential for a new owner to expand, and these are various as follows: -
• The location is superb and unrivalled.
• The owner’s building is located well and within an extremely busy retail complex, which includes one major space user, some national operators together with independents, and has the massive benefit of a substantial area of surface car parking. As a result, there is extreme ease of access and convenience for customers, and the footfall is very good. The immediate catchment is densely populated and it is well sited to also draw from a number of other surrounding market and coastal towns.
• The turnover is very attractive, due to mainly the location, and it derives from relatively short trading hours, with no openings on a Sunday and only part staff on a Saturday, and 8.30am to 6.00pm during weekdays, with daily lunch time closures for lunch breaks. The last quarter to December end 2019 was particularly strong, even though there were additional voluntarily forced closures due to Christmas and a week’s refurbishment.
• Physically there is space, subject to agreements to enlarge the operating space, again by 1/3 in addition to the current.
• As is usual, all equipment necessary for running the business would be included within a transaction price, and for guidance only, we can state that the last insurance valuation was at region £70,000.
• This business has operated and rewarded the current owners so much that it is completely debt free, we are advised, including any finance agreements and arrangements with banks and suppliers.
• Following the successful purchase of the leasehold, we are advised by the landlord’s agents that, subject to price, and in the right circumstances, the owners may consider a sale of the building/associated land.
• As an endorsed aa Premium Certified Garage within the Prestige Network, this business (as from June 2020) benefits massively from having access to aa members, most major companies and private and public sector organisations. The business has also joined a network of insurers for high profile organisations, who only deal with aa Premier sites including this one.
The business operates as a Class 4 mot Testing Station and general repairs, tyre, exhaust fitting garage. Currently the owners also operate a limited range of cars on sale, since they can be parked most prominently to the main retail warehouse park entrance. The turnover deriving from the retailing of cars is not included within the accounts.
For positively interested parties, further information will be provided.
Located at Connah’s Quay, a major residential and employment area in Flintshire, North Wales, with a resident population of approximately 24,000 and a wider population within the general Deeside area for which it is part of region 55,000. Note that the nearby towns of Mold and Holywell are convenient for the subject site.
The premises are situated at Connahs Quay, Deeside, at the entrance to the Quay Shopping Centre at Ffordd Llanarth, Connah’s Quay, which has amongst other retailers, a major 40,000 sq.ft. Morrisons, Home Bargains and Card Factory, and an estimated 325 shopper car spaces.
The subject modern garage building, is formed from two retail units, situated immediately at the entrance to the Centre, and directly opposite the mass of customer car parking. The buildings are of a modern style with steel frame, plate glass frontages and with the following accommodation:-
Office/Reception Area with WCs 27.60 m.sq. / 297.00 sq.ft.
Vehicle Repair Workshop with three car jack positions, one including a rolling road, two roller shutter doors to the parking/yardage at the rear (communal in part with other occupiers).
162.19 m.sq. / 1,746.00 sq.ft.
Mezzanine (ladder access) for tyre storage ( 42.25 m.sq. / 455.00 sq.ft.)
Total Gross Internal Floor Area 189.79 m.sq. / 2,043.00 sq.ft.
An option of a third adjoining unit of approximate size 94.85 m.sq. / 1,021.00 sq.ft.
For those parties interested in the third unit, please contact ourselves, since the owners will need to be approached, but they have in principle stated that they would authorise the joining of the additional unit to the existing space, subject to agreement on terms.
Immediately around the building, there are parking spaces, vehicle storage areas, together with space also suitable for car sales, utilised by the business.
The property is held on a 10 year full repairing and insuring lease from 2012, at a rent of £36,000 p.a. There is a communal service charge at approximately £1,500 per quarter.
For the benefit of the business, fixtures, fittings and leasehold interest, offers are invited, although this subject should be discussed with the selling agents. This is a business lease with the basic right for the tenant to renew the lease. There may also be potential for the purchase of the freehold, and this likewise should be discussed with the selling agents.
The building is elected for VAT.
The premises are currently assessed at a rateable value of £27,000 for Units M and N, the Quay Shopping Centre. Interested parties should contact Flintshire Council to establish the actual business rates payable. Telephone:
An EPC has been commissioned and will be available shortly.
Please contact Celt Rowlands & Co. On . To arrange a viewing.