Please quote reference B06341
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Sam Zair’s which is a well established Café / Bistro plus a holiday letting business with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a popular local business in an area teeming with customers.
There has been a café at these premises since 1898 and the current owners are the 4th generation to run the business! The family business has flourished under their ownership accruing many regular customers and a burgeoning reputation, the business has been a real labour of love for them.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with heavy hearts only due to a wish to take a well earned retirement and spend more time with their families. The vendors are keen to see their beloved Café pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Sam Zair’s Café prides itself on the quality of its food which is freshly prepared on the premises using local ingredients wherever possible. The menu includes traditional staples such as:
- Hot and cold drinks
- Beans and eggs on toast
- Hot and cold sandwiches
- Chicken & chips
- Toasted tea cakes
- Cakes and pastries
- Daily specials
The business has an impressive number of regular customers, many of whom are known on a first name basis by the current owners who are popular and well respected members of the local community.
The business is proud of its five star hygiene rating.
The business enjoys great visibility on the internet via websites such as , uk, , , www, etc.
The sale also includes a Holiday Letting Business which is above the café business and accessed by a separate entrance. The holiday let can accommodate up to seven guests. All aspects of the holiday let have been recently improved including new windows and full redecoration.
The Holiday Letting side of the business was completed in May 2017 and is advertised on several holiday letting websites and has generated a good level of interest.
Scope to Improve
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media
- Website, ideally with an online ordering facility
- Explore online delivery options from the likes of just Eat, Uber eats and Deliveroo etc
- Extend the opening hours, perhaps opening as a bistro in the evenings
- Develop the outside catering side of the business.
Reasons to Buy
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Prime trading position with little or no competition locally
- Includes a potentially lucrative holiday let or owners accommodation
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Lots of money being pumped into the local economy which will only increase custom
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- A real lifestyle business opportunity
Hilton Smythe highly advise early enquiry to avoid disappointment
This great Lifestyle business is likely to attract considerable interest.Location
Sam Zair’s Café & Lettings Business is located in Bishop Auckland.
Bishop Auckland is a market town in Country Durham. It is located about 12 northwest of Darlington, 12 miles southwest of Durham and 5 miles southeast of Crook.
A September 2019 report stated that Bishop Auckland was one of the towns designated to receive up to £25 million in funding from a new Towns Fund that was intended to improve industrial areas and will only have a positive effect on businesses and property prices in the area.
Sam Zair’s Café is ideally situated in the centre of town and sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses and this benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade along with regular custom.
The business is beautifully presented and maintained with a pleasing upmarket feel with clear, visible signage and distinctive dark blue livery.Premises
The business occupies a three storey, four floor mid terrace retail premises with residential accommodation across the ground, first, second and third floor.
The property has a great amount of history and has a plaque on the building to celebrate a performance from a world-renowned violinist, Niccolo Paganini.
The holiday lets could be reverted back to accomodation for the Cafe owners.Café
- Generously proportioned premises presented in perfect order, windows and glazed door to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior, tile effect vinyl flooring, dado rail, feature wall lights, long bespoke counter with wood effect work top, pendant lighting, full extraction system with stainless steel canopy, stainless steel wall cladding, Polar salad bar, Chest freezer, table top fridge, Lincat griddle, twin basket fryer, 2 microwave ovens, Fracino Coffee machine, toaster, second fridge, dishwasher. Approximately 40 covers.
- Comprehensively equipped catering kitchen with Kenwood gas cooker, Large freezer, 2 large fridges, Polar sandwich cooler, Lincat sandwich toaster.
Customer WC’sFirst Floor Holiday Letting Accommodation
- Kitchen - Fully fitted with a range of base and wall units
- Lounge - Generous lounge, newly decorated
- Bedroom 1 - Good sized twin room
- Bedroom 2 - Single room
- Bedroom 3 - Good sized double
- Bedroom 4 - Good sized double
Externally - To the rear of the property is a rear yard and bin store with pedestrian exit to Finkle Street.Tenure
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Freehold basis.Hours
The business hours are -
Monday – 08:00 – 16:00
Tuesday – 08:00 – 16:00
Wednesday – 08:00 – 16:00
Thursday – 08:00 – 16:00
Friday – 08:00 – 16:00
Saturday – 08:00 – 16:00
Sunday - ClosedStaff
We are advised that the business is owners ran and managed, with the help of 1 full-time and 2 part-time/casuals when needed.Financial Profile
We are advised as per the 2019 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £54,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £54,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.Please quote reference B06341