Please quote reference B06032
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Calla Studio.
The awarding winning salon first established itself in the area over 15 years ago and later purchased by our client in 2015.
Due to changes in our client’s personal circumstances, the ‘Turn-key’ business opportunity is now being offered for sale.
The business is mainly staff run with an excellent professional team in place,
The salon offers both full hairdressing services as well as an excellent range of beauty treatments.
The salon offers a comprehensive range of services and an extensive menu of technical treatments, from glossy sleek locks to textured, choppy styles, classic highlights or bright, vibrant, modern colours.
- Ladies styling – restyle cut & blow dry, wet cuts, blow dry straight finish, blow dry ghd curls, hair ups, ghd curls on dry hair, smartbond treatments.
- Colouring and Technical – half & full head, T section woven foils, semi colour full head, permanent colour full head, roots permanent colour, tanal collur, capped highlights, balayage/ombre, colour corrections, hair extensions, Kerastraight.
- Gents hair.
- Children’s hair.
The salon uses l’Oréal Professional colours, Olaplex and Kerastraight. There is a choice of both standard and luxury options for styling.
- Waxing (face & body), full massage services & spray tans
- Lash & brow tinting – semi- permanent lashes
- Relaxing facials – including the microdermabrasion – Crystal Clear
- Lipo Cavitation – fat reducing treatments
- Manicures, pedicures, acrylics & hand treatments
- Additional services – non-surgical Aesthetic treatments, semi- permanent make-up
The salon use the ‘Exclusive Crystal Clear comcit’ to offer results driven facials, the best gel polishes, and continually updates their skills in brows, massages and lashes
In addition to the services offered in the salon, our client has introduced a large range of hair & beauty products a customer can enjoy at home. These products can also be purchased online through their interactive website.
Key Selling Points –
- Large & Contemporary salon space
- Very loyal & experienced team in place
- Family friendly & social environment
- Facebook – 5 star customer review score, 1,346 followers
- Treatwell – 4.9/5 customer review score
- Google – 4.7/5 customer review score
- Instagram – 472 followers
- Low running costs with zero business rates
Very rarely do Hair and Beauty businesses of this standard and location come onto the market and we strongly recommend early viewing to avoid disappointment.Location
Calla Studio occupies an enviable trading position on the High street within the West End area of Southampton.
The West End is a desirable part of Southampton, located just minutes from the M27 cross country motorway and approx. Ten minutes from the city centre.
Ageas Bowl is located off Botley Road which leads directly onto the High Street, Ageas Bowl includes the Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Hotel, Rose Bowl Cricket Stadium as well as other leisure/restaurant facilities.
The salon is located in the centre of residential family housing as well several new housing developments for young professionals and students.
There is a large free carpark in the nearby Asda Superstore as well in the adjacent streets.Premises
Ground floor –
As you enter the salon there is an entrance to the first beauty room (currently for spmu artist). The other door then leads to the main area of the salon. There is a Reception area with display area, 2 raised stages for 3 back washes and 7 hairdressing stations, and a waiting area.
In this main area, there are 2 pedicure stations, and a manicure bar for up to 4 nail technicians. There is shelving for gel polishes, towels, hair colours, mixing station with sink.
There is then an entry to the main beauty area, with a second waiting area, with shelving and display area, which leads to 3 separate beauty rooms. Each room is furnished with a beauty couch, trolley, waxing equipment. We also have a Spray Tan booth in the 3rd room, and a Microdermabrasion and comcit machine in the 1st room.
There is a separate store room with shelving, and the CCTV hardware, filing cabinet, cleaning equipment, additional mobile manicure table, and onsite massage chair.
The staff room has seating and a breakfast bar, and amenities for heating and preparing simple lunches. There is also an additional boiler.
The boiler room houses the main boiler and hot water tanks, washing machine and tumble dryer.
There is a small toilet for staff and customers.
The following is also included in the sale;
- 7 workstations with client chairs. Climazone and standing hair dryer. 2 de-humidifiers.
- 3 Back wash sinks, shelving for backwash consumables, further shelving for towels etc.
- 1 Reception Desk with pc, Printer, Scanner, receipt printer and chair.
- 2 further display units, 3 small tables, 1 sofa and 2 bench sofas in waiting area.
- 2 Pedicure stations with integrated foot rest, separate pedicure bowls, pedicure trolley for equipment and consumables.
- 1 Manicure bar – can seat up to 4 nail techs, with chairs for clients and stools for staff. Shelving for gel polishes and nail polishes, drawers to stow equipment and consumables beneath the bar.
- 3 Beauty beds, beauty trollies, 1 comcit Machine, 1 Microdermabrasion Machine, 1 Spray Tan Booth with extractor, 1 Spray Tan professional gun.
- Additional Mobile manicure table, seated massage chair, vacuum cleaner, steam mop, filing cabinet, storage shelves in store room.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 5 years remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is £1,166 per month and the business has £0 rates payable.Hours
The business is currently trading;
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 9:00am to 5:30pm
Wednesday – 9:00am to 7:30pm
Thursday – 9:00am to 7:30pm
Friday - 9:00am to 7:30pm
Saturday – 8:30am to 4:30pm
Sunday - ClosedStaff
We are advised that the business has 4 full time and 4 part time members of staff.Financial Profile
We are advised as per the 2019 - 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £200,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.Please quote reference B06032