Please quote reference B05955
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Loqum Café & Restaurant, established in 2018 within a new mixed use complex the business is now being made available for sale due to our clients need to spend more time with her family.
The licenced A3 business comes with many opportunities for both a daytime and evening operation. As you may see from the popular Facebook pages, they have held parties here for large groups or smaller groups of up to 25 in the private function room.
The business prides itself on providing freshly cooked food using goo quality ingredients, from all day breakfasts to lunchtime specials and traditional Turkish dishes.
The current menu includes –
- Choice of 10 set breakfasts (including a popular Turkish option)
- Jacket potatoes (choice of 9 x fillings)
- Grills & Main meals – includes gammon and chips, steak pies, chicken curry and casseroles, chicken shish & rice, lasagne.
- Omelettes – choice of 8 fillings
- Hot chicken – wings or strips
- Burgers – includes meat, chicken or vegetable
- Light bites – 8 x options
- Panini’s – 9 x option with hot or cold fillings
- Sandwiches – choice of 15 fillings
- Pancakes – choice of 4 fillings
- Pasta dishes – 6 x options
- Roast Dinners
- Fish or Scampi dishes
- Iced coffee – option of 6
- Smoothies – options of 6
- Milkshakes – option of 7 (very popular)
- Soft drinks, waters
- Kids meals – choice of 6
- Salads – choice of 8
- Cakes – 4 x options
- Hot coffees, hot chocolate & teas.
The business attracts a very healthy mix of customers from local office and retail workers, families, local school parents as well increased weekend footfall from the many people who live nearby.
The business is split approx. 60% walk in customer sales to 40% delivery order sales.
Delivery partners include –
Our client currently advertises on the following platforms –
There are excellent customer feedback reviews –
- Google 4.9/5 (from 66 reviews)
- TripAdvisor – 4.5/5
Our client admits the business is being run more to suit and that any new buyer could further increase the turnover by looking at any of the following areas –
- Longer opening hours
- Adding an evening bistro menu
- Increase private parties & events
- Improve social media presence
- Add outside catering
- Reduce labour costs by working more hours within the business
As you can see from the attached photographs, there has been significant investment in the region of £100,000 to create a chic dining space with open plan kitchen/servery.
Any new buyer will have the ability to walk straight and continue trading.
Very rarely do business types of this standard come onto the open market in this area and we therefore recommend early enquiry to avoid disappointment.
A full business handover will be offered.Location
Loqum Café & Restaurant is in a highly visible corner trading unit of Whitestone way in Croydon. The business sits within a newly developed mixed use residential/commercial area with 100s of new apartments above and surrounding.
Whitestone way is accessed just off Purley way (A23) which acts as the main route from the M25 into central Croydon and therefore is a very busy commuter link which the business benefits from.
Purely way is home to many destination stores including ikea, Next Home, Curry’s pc World, John Lewis, Morrison’s, tk Maxx etc. Whitestone way is home to many independent companies and offices, all of which use the business.
There are 2 popular school’s within walking distance of the café as well a day nursery directly behind.
The business sits in between 2 mainline stations – Waddon and West Croydon and the nearest Underground station is West Croydon and nearest Overground station is Wandle park.Premises
External – there is a raised terrace area to both the front and rear aspects with available space for 28 covers
Ground floor – internal covers for 77 (52 in main dining space & 26 in smaller dining room)
Large customer toilet (with disabled accessibility)
Equipment included –
- 2 x semi-automated coffee machine/grinder
- Large glass fronted drinks chiller (fol)
- Bespoke grey fronted service counter
- Stainless steel double upright fridge
- Panini machine
- Large electrical grill/griddle
- Valentine double fryer
- Commercial microwave
- Stainless topped chest freezer
- Small display fridge
- Under counter fridges
- 10 litre hot water dispenser
- ‘Sharp’ epos till system, card machine
- Storage cupboards and shelving divider
- Double toaster
The business is being sold as either a Freehold option or Leasehold option at £94,995.
A new 10/15-year lease would be made available with an annual rent payable of £24,000.Hours
Monday to Saturday – 8am to 4.30pmStaff
The business is mainly staff run with part time management, with 4 x staff with 1 x Manager.Financial Profile
We are informed the business averages at £3,500 per week with a projected annual Turnover in the region of £180,000.Please quote reference B05955