Please Quote Reference B05857
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Viserra Ltd, London’s leading importers & distributors of the finest Portuguese products, wines & beers.
The successful company was established by our client in 2011 and is now being offered for sale due to our clients need to concentrate on her young family.
Viserra is a young and dynamic family run business whose main business goal has been to help customers buy quality Portuguese food for less and at the same time to meet the demand for a better distribution channel to many Portuguese businesses in the UK.
The range of imported goods include:
- Drinks - Portuguese wines, Carvalhelhos mineral water, Lipton ice teas, Tang pineapple, Ponche from Madeira, Beirao liqueur, Sagres, Sao Domingos Rose, J.Freitas White wine, Barao de Vilar Tawny, Favaious sparkling wine, Pedras lemon sparkling waters, Frize, Tangerine Liqueur, Macieira Brandy, Coral.
- Baby - Nestle, Nestum cereals, nestle cereal, Nestle liquid, Nestum chocolate, Fruit yogurt.
- Charcuterie - Primor Ham legs, Smoked heads, Chorizo, Bacon strips, Black puddings, Portuguese sausage, Bar greaves, Parma ham, Pork belly, Ham legs.
- Confectionery & Desserts - Nacional biscuits, Ferbar, Diatosta, Vanilla wafers, Chipicao croissants, Viserra wild fruit cakes, Regina chocolate umbrellas, Linda Rose cocoa powder, Micau liquid caramel, Alsa chocolate mousse, Royal jelly’s, Martins candy.
- Frozen - corn fed chickens, pork, duck, pig tails, rabbit, deserts and cakes, fish, samosas, vegetables, crab.
- Grocery - sugars, olives, pickles, crisps, rice, pasta, olive oils, tinned fish, flour, beans, sauces & marinades, vinegar, rice.
- Dairy - yogurts, milk, Mimosa condensed milk, Primo Lard, butter, cooking cream, cheese.
We are informed there are between 1,500 - 2,000 product lines in the current range of products supplied.
Our client supplies over 120 customers, 63% to customers in central and Greater London and 37% to customers located outside London.
The business enjoys a significant increase from October to December (Xmas) and then again in the summer from June (especially around the Portuguese summer celebrations).
Putting customers at the heart of everything they do is very apparent at Viserra, they have a passion for good service as well providing fair prices to the suppliers in Portugal.
Key selling points include:
- Largest choice of Portuguese goods in a London.
- High Turnover of £2.7M to £3M per year.
- 5% Adjusted net profit ratio.
- Opportunity to grow the baby & frozen food categories.
- Savings in infrastructure & delivery costs.
- Full business handover.
- Excellent relationship with origin suppliers.
- Trained team in place.
- Opportunity to grow through further advertising & trade events.
Very rarely to wholesalers of this standard, location and opportunity to further grow come onto the open market and we therefore recommend early enquiry to avoid disappointment.Location
Viserra Ltd occupies a secure office / warehouse unit on Warner Road in Camberwell, London.
The quiet street offers a mix of residential housing and independent businesses.
Camberwell is a busy district of South London, located within the district of Southwark and located just 2.7 miles southeast of Charing Cross.
Nearest overground station and mainline train station is Denmark Hill located just 5 mins away.
Camberwell is ideally located for the majority of customers who are in positioned in and around central London.
The nearby A23 connects central London to the M25 motorway system.
There are some nearby metered parking spaces for any visiting customers as well as some parking on site if required.PremisesGround Floor;
Communal Hallway - fully monitored alarm system, CCTV, fire alarm system.
Staff toilets, Shower room.
Management Office - 2 x desks & storage.
Sales Office - 3 x desks with pcs, printer and storage.
Staff room / kitchen facilities - includes fridge/freezer, microwave, wall & base storage units, oven, storage lockers, round table & chairs, wall mounted TV.
Large walk in chiller (shelving to both sides).
2nd walk in chiller (dairy storage space).
Main store area (accessed by large roller shutters to the front of the building), double height space includes 6 x bespoke storage systems (wash 4 x tier height).
Mezzanine level - currently unused but ideal for further storage or freezer storage.Front External;
Secure car park for up to 6 vehicles.Other;
5 x owned delivery vans.
1 x leased forklift.Tenure
We are advised the business will be offered as a Leasehold with 4 years remaining on the original 10-year lease paying £39,000 per year, current business rates stand at £15,000 payable per year.
Current rent to 28th September 2020 £37,500 per annum exclusive
From 29th September 2020 to 14th April 2021 £41,000 per annum exclusive
From 15th April 2021 £45,000 per annum exclusive
Lease to be renewed, subject to negotiation.Hours
Monday - Friday - 8.00am to 6.00pm
Saturday - 7.00am to 3.00pm
Sunday - Closed
The business is managed by staff with the vendor overseeing and guiding them. The staff is split between the sales office, warehouse and deliveries.Financial Profile
As of the 2019 accounts the business generated a Turnover of just under £3,000,000 with an Adjusted net profit of around £160,000. For further information please reference B05857.