Land for sale in Front Street, Hetton-Le-Hole DH5
Interested in this property?
Call +44 191 392 0630 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
- Site Area of Approximately 0.31 Acres (1,254.53 sq m)
- Town Centre Location with Easy Access to A690 & A19
- Close to Local Amenities
- Cleared & Level Site
- Previous Planning for 30 Unit Elderly & Mentally Infirm (emi) Care Facility
- Potential Scheme for 3no. Executive 4 Bed Dwelling Building Plots
- Potential for 16no. Sheltered Scheme or a 50 Bed Nursing Home (stp)
- Freehold Offers Over £300,000
The site is located in the centre of Hetton le Hole, a onetime mining community located midway between Durham and Sunderland near Houghton le Spring and Murton.
The subject comprises a level site where the former St. Nicholas Church once stood. The buildings have been demolished and all waste has been removed from site. The former graves around the church have also been relocated.
The site extends approximately 0.31 Acres (1,254.53 sq m) and additional land could potentially be made available by separate negotiation.
Full planning permission was previously granted for the construction of a new 30 unit elderly and mentally infirm (emi) care facility (now lapsed).
Further information can be gained by accessing the planning section of the Sunderland City Council website at
There is potential for a number of alternative residential and commercial schemes (subject to obtaining planning consent) including:
- 3no. Executive 4 bed dwelling building plots
- 16no. Sheltered scheme, comprising 8no. 1 bed apartments, 2no. 2 bed apartments and 6no. 1 bed bungalows
-50 bed nursing home
The site is to be sold Freehold with vacant possession.
Offers in excess of £300,000 are being sought for the benefit of our client's freehold interest.
Each party to be responsible for their own costs incurred in this transaction.
All rents, premiums and purchase prices quoted herein are exclusive of VAT. All offers are to be made to Graham S Hall upon this basis and where silent, offers will be deemed net of VAT.
In accordance with anti-money laundering regulations, two forms of identification and confirmation of the source of funding will be required from the purchaser.
For general enquiries and viewing arrangements please contact Graham S Hall Chartered Surveyors.
* Sizes listed are approximate. Please contact the agent to confirm actual size.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Graham S Hall Chartered Surveyors, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Graham S Hall Chartered Surveyors for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
View all Front Street commercial properties for sale