Land for sale in Chalmers Crescent, Edinburgh EH9
Interested in this property?
Call +44 131 268 8527 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
The property consists of a substantial four storey stone-built villa, arranged over basement, ground, first and second floors. The site extends to an area of approx. 0.37 acres (0.15 ha) and also contains a single storey cottage and a double garage.
Formally occupied by nhs Lothian, the site has excellent potential for sensitive redevelopment with potential uses including (but not restricted to) residential apartments, single residential unit, care home or other uses subject to the appropriate statutory consents.
• Prime development opportunity in the heart of the desirable Grange Conservation Area
• Former nhs use, with potential for re-development to high-quality residential apartments, single house, care home or other uses (subject to planning)
• gia of approx. 1,060.5 sq.m (11,415 sq.ft) on a 0.37 acre site. Site includes main building, garages and a standalone cottage.
• To be sold with vacant possession
• Offers invited
Chalmers Crescent is located approximately 1.5 miles to the south of Edinburgh city centre in a well established and highly desirable residential area.
Excellent local amenities are within walking distance at nearby Marchmont, Bruntsfield and Morningside – offering a large selection of independent shops, restaurants and cafés, bistros and bars. Morningside also has a cinema, theatre, as well as both Waitrose and Marks & Spencer supermarkets.
The neighbourhood comprises predominantly detached and semi-detached Victorian and Georgian villas set within mature landscaped gardens. There
have been some new houses of high architectural quality built in the neighbourhood and various larger period buildings have been converted to flatted
* Sizes listed are approximate. Please contact the agent to confirm actual size.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Cushman & Wakefield, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Cushman & Wakefield for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
View all Chalmers Crescent commercial properties for sale