Environmental Building Services Limited (ebs Ltd) is an eclectic energy saving and renewable energy consultancy and installer based in Oxfordshire: Having been established since 2008. The core business is in Air Tightness Testing on new build and both renovated commercial and residential properties. Other commercial activities involve:
• Solar Photovoltaic (pv) installations; with ebs also installing package deals including off grid capabilities for design and installation as and when required
• Thermographic surveys, which involves work with a infra-red camera to analyse buildings to ensure: A continuity of insulation in accordance with the construction drawing
• Avoidance of excessive thermal bridging
• Avoidance of air leakage paths through the building fabric
• Installation of electric car charging points
• mvhr Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery installations. This is a type of ventilation system that extracts warm moist air that is passed through a heat exchanger unit. Fresh air used to ventilate is then passed through the same heat exchanger, which pre-heats this air, minimising heat loss due to ventilation.
Ebs Ltd’s major clients include: Bouygues, Morgan Sindall, Lidl Stores, and the Co Op to quote for Air Tightness Testing. Once contracted, ebs Ltd do not issue reports and/or certificates until payment has been received. In regards to Solar pv, ebs Ltd take a 25% deposit to start the project, 50% after fix fix and the remainder upon completion. On completion and after the balance is paid, the building is issued with a mcs Certificate, insurance document and comprehensive handover pack, which is needed for official sign off.
Ian, Managing Director, and main employee of ebs Ltd is one of the founding members of iats (Independent Air Tightness Testing Scheme) so it's fair to say ebs Ltd has a stellar reputation in the air tightness testing industry.
Due to the business being well known and renowned, most new leads come via recommendation and word of mouth which leads to high volumes of repeat business. The business benefits from having continuous ongoing and future projects to the point where very little advertising is required. Some new leads are generated from calls and emails via the website and from branded promotional gifts. Furthermore, the business is currently working with rolling contracts of 10 years or more with Bouygues, Morgan Sindall, Lidl Stores, the Co Op and many local building firms
Current future projects include £6,000 in air testing with Havelock, 87 flats for Bouygues worth £5,000, £38,000 mvhr plus another £5,000 in Solar pv installations. All equipment owned by ebs Ltd is valued at approximately £15,000.
Please quote ref: 6447