Land for sale in Green Road, Stratton St. Margaret, Swindon SN2
Interested in this property?
Call +44 1793 937789 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
The site is located within the urban area of Swindon in the Stratton St. Margaret parish, approximately 2 miles north of the town centre. The A419 to the east connects with Cirencester to the north and Junction 15 of the M4 approx. 4 miles to the south.
The site extends to approx. 0.785 acres (0.318 hectares) and contains a Grade II Listed building known as “The Limes” with frontage to Green Road. The Limes has a more modern two storey extension to the side and rear, part of which is known as “Palm Tree Lodge”, and two prefabricated buildings in the car park to the rear.
Swindon Borough Council have produced and adopted a Development Brief for the site. In summary, the Development Brief states:
• The site will be suitable for the development of 4 detached dwellings, in addition to the conversion of The Limes to a single dwelling.
• The 20th Century additions and Palm Tree Lodge, is not in keeping with the Listed Building and may be demolished subject to appropriate consent.
• Any development will need to take into consideration the Listed Building, no. 19 Green Road, which adjoins the site.
• Retention of Listed rubble stone boundary walls, gate and railings, and front lawn area.
• Retain existing vehicle access as a non adopted private road.
• Retain courtyard at rear of The Limited.
Although a Development Brief has been adopted, the Council will be prepared to consider a sale of the site where there is a continuation of the current B1 (office) and D1 (non-residential institutional) uses.
It is also felt that the site could be suitable for C2 (residential institutions) uses although the principles of the Development Brief would still apply in respect of the Listed building.
* Sizes listed are approximate. Please contact the agent to confirm actual size.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Keningtons, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Keningtons for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
View all Green Road commercial properties for sale