Hotel/guest house for sale in Popham Road, Shanklin, Isle Of Wight PO37
Hotel/guest house for sale
Interested in this property?
Call +44 1983 619078 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
- Impressive hotel originally an 1800's gentleman's residence
- Nine beautiful boutique en-suite bedrooms
- Owner's accommodation with sitting room & bedroom
- Superb location within a peaceful & tranquil park
- Enclosed rear gardens & private car park
- Easily accessible to Shanklin Old Village & Chine
An impressive property originally built as a gentleman's residence in 1863. The property sits within Rylstone Gardens, making its position a peaceful and idyllic setting for its occupants. The beautiful building was designed to impress and was built with Georgian, Gothic and Tudor influences which can be identified both externally and throughout the property itself. The manor house was used as a private residence until 1923 when it became a hotel. The owners took over the ownership some 14 years ago and have created luxurious rooms within this award winning boutique hotel. There is private owner's accommodation that comprises of a large sitting room and double bedroom which benefits from its own en-suite shower room. The ground floor hotel area comprises of a beautiful drawing room which has attractive dual aspect gothic style windows that overlook the pretty gardens which surround the home. There is a large fireplace which is a superb feature of this comfortable and spacious room, allowing the guests a fantastic room to enjoy. The dining room sits to the rear of the building, and is again dual aspect with double doors that lead out to the enclosed private gardens that border the popular and impressive Shanklin Chine walk, which is home to an abundance of natural wildlife. This room also provides original panelled window shutters which have been preserved concealing the gothic style windows. Adjacent to this is a lovely bar area, which has a fantastic window seat looking out over the garden and is a cosy area to entertain your guests. The commercial kitchen and laundry sit screened by a large door which leads to the private owner's accommodation and both rooms are superbly equipped for the everyday chores of a busy hotel. The nine boutique rooms are made up of four superior rooms and five standard deluxe rooms, each one offering a different style and ambiance to its guests. The accommodation throughout has been beautifully decorated and thought out, and all rooms have their own modern en-suite facilities. Each room provides a different outlook over the surrounding park, with its abundance of mature trees and mature shrubs and some have a sea glimpse out over the English Channel.
- Entrance Hall / Reception
- Drawing Room 18'2 up to bay x 15'4 up to bay (5.54m x 4.68m)
- Dining Room 18'3 up to bay x 15'2 up to bay (5.57m x 4.63m)
- Bar 16'2 up to bay x 15'1 (4.93m x 4.60m)
- Kitchen 15'0 x 13'6 (4.58m x 4.12m)
- Laundry Room 13'1 x 8'6 (3.99m x 2.59m)
- Sitting Room 15'1 x 12'7 (4.60m x 3.84m)
- Owner's Bedroom 14'6 x 9'0 (4.42m x 2.75m)
- En-Suite 6'6 x 5'6 (1.98m x 1.68m)
- Store Rooms
- Galleried Landing
- Ash 14'5 x 12'9 (4.40m x 3.89m)
- En-Suite 6'3 x 5'3 (1.91m x 1.60m)
- Beech 14'6 x 12'3 (4.42m x 3.74m)
- En-Suite 5'7 x 4'2 (1.70m x 1.27m)
- Cedar 11'7 x 11'6 (3.53m x 3.51m)
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
- En-Suite 6'3 x 4'11 (1.91m x 1.50m)
- Elm 15'3 x 9'4 (4.65m x 2.85m)
- En-Suite 6'7 x 4'0 (2.01m x 1.22m)
- Fir 14'0 x 12'8 (4.27m x 3.86m)
- En-Suite 6'2 x 4'9 (1.88m x 1.45m)
- Yew 15'2 x 14'0 (4.63m x 4.27m)
- En-Suite 8'0 x 4'7 (2.44m x 1.40m)
- Maple 15'3 x 15'3 (4.65m x 4.65m)
- En-Suite 8'1 x 3'2 (2.47m x 0.97m)
- Oak 18'5 x 8'10 (5.62m x 2.69m)
- En-Suite 7'7 x 4'5 (2.31m x 1.35m)
- Willow 14'10 x 12'6 (4.52m x 3.81m)
- En-Suite 7'9 x 4'2 (2.36m x 1.27m)
- Car Park
We are pleased to offer our customers a range of additional services to help them with moving home. None of these services are obligatory and you are free to use service providers of your choice. Current regulations require all estate agents to inform their customers of the fees they earn for recommending third party services. If you choose to use a service provider recommended by Fine & Country, details of all referral fees can be found at the link below. If you decide to use any of our services, please be assured that this will not increase the fees you pay to our service providers, which remain as quoted directly to you.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Fine & Country - Isle of Wight, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Fine & Country - Isle of Wight for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
View all Popham Road commercial properties for sale