* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
Business Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Symes Avenue Post Office, which is a well-established local Post Office and convenience with a renowned reputation amongst local residents.
This is a superb opportunity to take on a high turnover local business in an area teeming with customers.
The business was founded over 10 years ago and the current owner has run it successfully and lucratively for the last two years having spent much money on its improvement which has seen turnover increase whilst under his ownership.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly only because the owners wish to relocate. He is keen to see the business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
The business is well stocked and sells a comprehensive range of products including;
• Tobacco products • Confectionery • Crisps and snacks • Dairy products • General groceries • Coffee machine • Slush • Photocopying • Beers and spirits • Soft drinks
Additionally, the business has a Lotto terminal with average takings of approximately £1500 per week. Newspapers and magazines are being introduced in the next few weeks. There is an external atm.
The Post Office offers the following services:
• Drop and Go • Parcel Force Express Services • Vehicle tax • Foreign Currency • National Express tickets • Current Account servicing • Savings application forms • Travel Insurance
The business enjoys good visibility on the internet.
Scope to improve
1. Extend the opening hours 2. Introduce a greater range of alcohol, particularly wines 3. Newspapers and magazines are being introduced which will increase revenue 4. Website to extol services offered 5. Maximise the use of social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Reasons to Buy
1. Little or no competition locally, the nearest post office is over 1 ½ miles away 2. Perfect trading position in a busy retail park 3. Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success 4. Many regular customers and repeat trade 5. All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey opportunity 6. Ideal owner managed or partnership business 7. Priced to sell
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
Location Symes Avenue Post Office is located in the Hartcliffe area of Bristol.
Bristol is a city and county in South West England with a population of 459,300. The wider area has the 10th largest population in England. The urban population of 724,000 is the 8th largest in the UK. The city borders North Somerset and South Gloucestershire, with the cities of Bath and Gloucester to the south-east and north-east, respectively. South Wales lies across the Severn Estuary.
One of the uk’s most popular tourist destinations, Bristol was selected in 2009 as one of the world’s top ten cities by international trade publishers Dorling Kindersley. The Sunday Times named it as the best city in Britain in which to live in 2014 and 2017.
The M4 motorway connects the city on an east-west axis from London to West Wales and the M5 is a north-south west axis from Birmingham to Exeter. The M49 motorway is a shortcut between the M5 in the south and the M4 Severn Crossing in the West, and the M32 is spur from the M4 to the city centre. The Portway connects the M5 to the city centre and was the most expensive road in Britain when opened in 1926.
Hartcliffe is the name of both a council ward and an outer suburb of Bristol. Symes Avenue Post Office is ideally situated in an unusually busy and vibrant shopping area and sits along other complimentary retail businesses such as Boots the Chemist, Greggs, Ladbrokes and Iceland. The business is opposite a large Morrison’s supermarket and thus benefits from really high levels of footfall and passing trade.
The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and there is loads of free parking immediately outside the premises.
Premises Symes Avenue Post Office occupies a modern, inner terraced retail unit and is presented to a high standard and briefly comprises;
• Windows and glazed door to front creating a light airy and inviting interior • Tiled floor • Suspended ceiling with concealed LED lighting • Perimeter shelving • Counter with generous wrapping area and cigarette gantry and spirit shelving behind • Lotto ticket stand • Open drinks chiller • Glass fronted drinks chiller • Greeting card racking • Two central shelving gondolas • Twin slush machine • Rijo coffee machine • Freestanding glass display cabinets • Post office counter to rear running the width of the shop.
• Concrete flooring • Fluorescent lighting • Kitchen area with stainless steel sink and drainer • Double doors to rear leading to a staff car park with two allocated parking spaces • Mezzanine storage accessed by a steel staircase
• Desk • Filing cabinets etc
First floor stockroom
• Loads of floor storage space • Lots of spare racking and shop fittings • High ceilings with fluorescent lighting
This room would be ideal for use as a potential sorting office.
The business is secured by a Post Office alarm system with panic buttons and an 18 camera CCTV system with smartphone connectivity.
Tenure We are advised that Symes Avenue Post Office is being sold as a Leasehold business opportunity.
The existing Lease has approximately 15 years remaining.
The rent is £20,000 per annum which is really reasonable given the size and location of the business
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.
Hours The Shop opens:
Monday to Saturday: 8.00 am – 8.00 pm Sunday: 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
The Post Office opens:
Monday to Friday: 9.00 am - 5.30 pm Saturday: 9.00 am - 1.30 pm Sunday: Closed
Staff The business is run and managed by our client with the help of 2 full time and 2 part time members of staff.
Financial Profile Symes Avenue Post Office generates an advised current turnover of circa £173,000 per annum through the shop and Post Office commissions of approximately £30,000 per annum.
For more information about this property, please contact Hilton Smythe Commercial, BL1 on +44 1204 351867 * (local rate)
Contact Hilton Smythe Commercial about this property
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Hilton Smythe Commercial, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Hilton Smythe Commercial for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.