Hilton Smythe is delighted to welcome to the market this well-established and busy Mercedes car parts supplier and repair business in North Weald, Essex.
Priced at £49,995 +sav - the stock is valued at just less than a million, the owner is willing to sell everything for £350,000 with stock included.
The business was established by our client in 1990 and is only now being offered to the market due to our client’s desire to concentrate on other business interests. The business currently operates 5½ days per week and generates a turnover in the region of £500,000 per annum, with a good gross profit.
Our client offers a wide range of parts and spares for Mercedes cars, vans and 4 x 4s, with parts ranging from 1959 to current models and include engine & body parts, which are sold on websites including First Class Mercedes, Parks Gateway, 1st choice spares and eBay, which accounts for 70% of the sales. The other 30% is from Mercedes servicing, diagnostics, mechanical and body/paint repairs, which is actioned on site in the fully equipped garage.
The business has built up an enviable reputation within the area and further afield for the high quality of the goods and services offered, which has resulted in a very loyal client base, with a high volume of repeat trade and word of mouth recommendations.
We feel there is scope to increase the turnover by extending the opening hours and increasing the repairs side of the business. A new owner could also embark on a modest marketing campaign to highlight the services offered.
This is an excellent opportunity for a new owner to take this already thriving business to the next level; therefore, early viewing must come highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
All Class Mercedes occupies substantial premises, ideally located on a private farm site within the village of North Weald in the Epping Forrest District of Essex. The business is surrounded by complimentary businesses and benefits from a high volume of passing trade. The business further benefits from good car parking facilities.
North Weald is located just over 2 miles east of Epping, 4½ miles North-West of Chipping Ongar and 3½ miles south of Harlow. The village is famous for its market, which is held every Saturday and Bank Holiday Monday at North Weald Airfield. The market used to be the largest open air market in the country, but has now reduced its size over the years.
The area of the business is well served by the a-roads, with the business located just of the A414, which links to the national a-road and motorway networks. The nearest London Underground service to the village is Epping, which is served by the Central line. The closest National Rail service is from Harlow Town. The City of London is approximately 30 miles away and Chelmsford is 15 miles away.
Substantial premises in a prime trading location, briefly comprising:
Repair workshop with a two post ramp and large storage area with fixed shelving.
6 x storage garages.
Portable cabin, used as an office with reception area with desk, 3 x desks with computer stations.
Large yard used for car and parts storage and car parking.
We are advised Leasehold:
Rent: £33,800 per annum
Monday to Friday 9.00am till 5.00pm
Saturday 9.00am till 1.00pm
The business is owner run and managed with 2 x staff members.
The business generates a turnover in the region of £500,000 per annum, with a good gross profit.
The owner has advised he is open to offers on the additional stock.