Retail premises for sale in 2 Spon Street, Coventry CV1
Offers in region of
£19,950 (£19.95/sq. ft)
Interested in this property?
Call +44 121 721 9902 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
- Established business
- Fantastic reputation
- Protected brands
- Stunning grade II listed building
- Ideal bolt on business
- Ideal starter business
- Prominent location
- Potential to increase turnover
Leasehold Bridal Studio In Coventry For Sale
This outstanding concern is located on the famous and Historic Medieval Spon Street which is in Coventry’s City centre. The building is grade II listed, dates back to the 1400s and boasts natural beauty with exposed oak beams giving the business real authentic elegance. Coventry attracts many shoppers and tourists and offers easy access to all motorway networks.
Asking Price: £19,950 plus sav
Turnover: £135,482 pa net of VAT
gp: £81,585 (60%)
Adjusted Net Profit: £31,627
Original term: 5 years
Remaining: 1 year (renewable)
Rent: £16,500 pa
Veritas Business Sales are delighted to offer for sale this respected Bridal business which is located in Coventry City centre. The business was set up by my client in 1998 and has been in her careful hands ever since .Reluctantly they are offering the business for sale so that they can enjoy a well deserved retirement. Since ownership they have invested in new fixtures & fittings which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price which is a huge plus for any new purchaser as additional funds will not need to be spent for some time. The business is owner and family operated and requires the help of 2 part time members of staff. The annual turnover is £135,482 with a gross profit of £81,585 and a healthy adjusted net profit of £31,627. The shop retails a fine selection of Bridal gowns with protected brand such as, Maggie Sottero, Ronald Joyce, Venus, Kelsey Rose, Rebecca Ingram and True Bride and they equate to 95% of the turnover with remaining 5% which comes from the sales of veils, tiaras and accessories.
We believe that there is further potential to increase trade by opening on Wednesdays and extending the range to Mother of the Bride, Bridesmaids and Prom dresses as they have regular enquiries about these and have to turn them away. The business already enjoys a strong reputation within the local community and beyond and as such has a high level of regular and repeat trade along with recommendations from happy brides. This is a superb opportunity to purchase an established business which is a great base to build upon and as such early viewing is highly recommended as this business is not to be missed.
Monday & Tuesday – 9.30am – 5.00pm
Wednesday – closed
Thursday – Saturday – 9.30am – 5.00pm
Sunday – closed
Retail gown studio comprising: Sales counter with cash register, customer seating are with couch and 2 chairs, gown display hanging rails and 2 x fitting rooms.
W/C with hand wash basin
Kitchen with fitted units, sink drainer, fridge and microwave.
Landing with storage cupboards.
Storeroom which could be second retail showroom
Shared rear courtyard
The ground floor benefits from electric storage heating.
Birmingham International Airport
East Midlands Airport
Sharpness Old Docks
Castle Park Ferry Landing
View all schools in Coventry
St Osburg's Catholic Primary School
Spon Gate Primary School
Bablake Junior School
City College Coventry
WMG Academy for Young Engineers
Hereward College of Further Education
Coventry Youth Offending Service
Barr's Hill School and Community College
Note: Distance is shown as a straight line measurement
Local info for Coventry
* Sizes listed are approximate. Please contact the agent to confirm actual size.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Veritas Business Sales Ltd, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Veritas Business Sales Ltd for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
View all Spon Street commercial properties for sale